Getting rid of ants

Can anyone kindly share experience on how to get rid of ants indoors? have tried a few insecticides but they don't seem to work. Thank you.

Go to the supermarket or corner shop and buy what are called Ant Bait.  Family brand has them, they are green plastic and you get 2 in a pack.  They are just square plastic chambers with openings and the ants walk in and eat the bate and take it back to their nest to feed other ants. The Ant Bait kills the whole nest of ants. You place them where the ants are walking. They cost under RM10 for 2

Remove the food they are eating!

Gravitas wrote:

Go to the supermarket or corner shop and buy what are called Ant Bait.  Family brand has them, they are green plastic and you get 2 in a pack.  They are just square plastic chambers with openings and the ants walk in and eat the bate and take it back to their nest to feed other ants. The Ant Bait kills the whole nest of ants. You place them where the ants are walking. They cost under RM10 for 2

Thanks a lot. You are the best.

If that fails...go to a Hardware store and ask them for some ant repellent. Theres a crushed peanut like powder that works like wonders....again, the ant will bring it to the nest .....if there are cracks where they are coming from , just seal it up.....

Thanks Spe.

Tried the Family brand ant bait which appeared to work initially but doesn't seem to be of interest to the ants anymore as  they simply go around the chamber. Maybe the bait got decomposed over a period of time.

I found the roach bait versions dont work any better either. The roaches simply avoid them.

I use mosquito spray and kill the line. They come back in a few days, i spray again. By the third or fourth time, they dont come back. Also, to quickly produce a healthy multi-line army, like a 8-lane highway of ants, i plop red watermelon on the floor. They cant resist. I wait a few hours until the highway is fully jammed and then kill 50,000 of them. For at least a few months, no more ants.

Im here a long time and have never been totally ant-free. My problem isnt leaving food out, its my neighbors (and all of us) who spray, sending the ant populations in all directions. I had no ants or roaches at all recently and then at CNY my neighbors got a company to come and poison their whole house, then I got invaded. Also, the government fogs the neighborhood and then every possible insect invades the houses as they try to escape the gas.

That said, there is no worse and pointless and valueless investment in Malaysia than sprays and poisons. I wish I could build a moat around the house.

The ants that I sometimes have in my unit are carnivorous. I've tested this out. I dont have the other type you mention.

I bought a different ant bait this week. Its in a carboard box and is called King Kong Ant Killer. You make up the traps by pouring the granules into the chambers (so can use less and extend lifetime).

They seem very powerful and I dropped a few ganuales on the counter top and they were gone in 30 minutes and havent seen ants since I put one of the two chambers down for the whole unit.

Here in Oz we had an ant invasion after days of rain. I just got a can of surface spray and sprayed around windows inside and out, along their trails etc and now all gone.

I did the same as well and the new bait seems to be working better than the Family brand.

Just an update. The new bait has worked really well (touch wood) and we are now ants-free (for now anyway)

Here is a nifty little trick that I have been using for the past few summers. There is absolutely no need to use toxic insecticides to get rid of ants. Feel free to spread the word!

youtube.com/watch?v=ptLQezauJkM

Just bought King Kong ant killer a few days ago. Been watching intently. So far the ants are eating the bait, and the number of ants around the house has reduced. I was considering purchasing Family Ant Bait as well but I'll wait a few days and see.

I HATE ANTS! The first time we spotted their home (in a crack along the wall of our toilet) we sprayed the heck out of it. Soon they relocated to under my water kettle (we ended up throwing the whole kettle away). Then I spotted them along my living room wall (behind my couch). Sprayed, but they didn't die. Pretty sure there's another 'home' in the toilet as well.

Sometimes they crawl over our couch and bite us! This has been going on for months and we're going nuts...! Tried looking for Borax but I don't know where to get it here. Sigh

I've ever had ant problems in some places but I just use those small round black ant bait things you can buy in most supermarkets and it seems to do the trick. Haven't had them crawling over me on the sofa though, sounds like a nasty problem.

If you think the problem is very serious then if you are living in a condo you could speak to the Management about it. Managements always have a pest control contractor and I am sure they would know what to do.

Just try to spray some diesel oil at the entrances and windows to the house and around the ants. Pay attention not to kill them

Can know what kind & brand of spray did u use to spray?