Help with my Vietnam Power Point

Hi All:
My name is Brenda and I live in Milwaukee, WI U.S.A.  I'm doing a project on Vietnam for my Human Geography course and am looking for something different I could include in my project.  It would be cool to have first hand accounts from people who actually live in Vietnam. 

A little background on myself:  I'm a married 51 yo female with 2 children.  I work in the manufacturing industry making industrial paint and leather finishes.  My commute each day is 35 minutes each way and work 8 hours a day.  I have 2 dogs, 1 cat and 1 horse.  I enjoy taking a class once in awhile just to do something different. 

Anything you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Brenda,

I have two questions for you.

What is the course in Human Geography all about?

What type of first hand information are you looking to gather? You can get a wide range of answers that might not be helpful so the more specific your request might help filter out some of the superfluous and off topic answers you will get.

Our class is about different cultures, ethnic groups, religion, geography, nations and states, language, etc.

I guess I'm looking for how a typical Vietnamese goes about their day; how it may differ from mine here in the U.S.

What's important to the people of Vietnam. 

In my presentation I have to discuss general etiquette for meals and meetings, importance of religion, core beliefs and values for the country, misconceptions others may have about the country, main dos and taboos,

Easy - stop thinking American, and start thinking wild.

This is Indonesia - google what you see, but for Vietnam.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

Welcome!
It's better for members if you make a questionnaire to respond with  :)
You are giving us more job now  by posting this vast topic  :)

I will give you a Vietnamese keyword (" mưu sinh ") that you can copy and paste to search it over Google, then translate them into English, you will have a clear look at Vietnamese life.

Also search for the images, more specific !  ;)