3 Month Tourist Visa

Hi,

Does anyone know just how many times can you renew your visa after the first 180 days.  I hope that I am wording my question correctly.  I want to make sure that I do everything above board, but I would like to find a way to actually Live in Vietnam, Hoi An to be specific.

Thank you

sjpersonal wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know just how many times can you renew your visa after the first 180 days.  I hope that I am wording my question correctly.  I want to make sure that I do everything above board, but I would like to find a way to actually Live in Vietnam, Hoi An to be specific.

Thank you

Read through the many posts on this subject for the information.

It all comes down to where you are and who you know. The law states one visa extension, but I have known people to get 3 extensions,the visa system in Viet Nam is just a complete mess and has uniformity

Better for you to get TRC, I know someone.That if you are planning to stay in Vietnam for a year or so.

3 months visa 180 days?  :)
Check same topic answered in "Visas" section.

colinoscapee wrote:

It all comes down to where you are and who you know. The law states one visa extension, but I have known people to get 3 extensions,the visa system in Viet Nam is just a complete mess and has uniformity

Hi,

That's what's so confusing.  I read what is stated by the Vietnamese Consulate etc.  But I am reading about Expats living there and extending 2 times then obtaining a new Visa and starting the process over again.  That seems a little scary to me.  I would be worried that on one of those trips across the border, that I would not be allowed back into the country.

darlyn79 wrote:

Better for you to get TRC, I know someone.That if you are planning to stay in Vietnam for a year or so.

Hi,
What is a TRC?

Temporary Residence Certificate

darlyn79 wrote:

Thank you darlyn,

I will check into that.  I have about 10 yrs. before retirement.  But I plan to visit Hoi An in the next 2 years,

darlyn79 wrote:

Hi again,

i just looked into it.  Opening an LLC in the US is no problem at all.  But it mentioned having a work permit.  I will not have a Vietnamese partner in any business there since I really have no rights or protection.  Anything that I do will be via the Internet.  If I have a US one owner (me) LLC then what?

I really appreciate your taking the time to assist me.  Although it will be years before I retire I am trying to obtain as much information regarding residency as possible just in case I need to change my plans about Vietnam.

sjpersonal wrote:

[
Although it will be years before I retire I am trying to obtain as much information regarding residency as possible just in case I need to change my plans about Vietnam.

Hi

Do you know Vietnamese law change monthly? Gathering information too soon may useless, it may all be outdated at the due time.

VanKhanh Ho wrote:
sjpersonal wrote:

[
Although it will be years before I retire I am trying to obtain as much information regarding residency as possible just in case I need to change my plans about Vietnam.

Hi

Do you know Vietnamese law change monthly? Gathering information too soon may useless, it may all be outdated at the due time.

True LOL! But it is still interesting to learn as much about Vietnam as I can now.

The problem here is that what is law now can change next month.

you should note that to obtain TRC, first  of all, you have to get Vietnam Work Permit, not three month visa.

KathyBrown1410 wrote:

you should note that to obtain TRC, first  of all, you have to get Vietnam Work Permit, not three month visa.

But you should have the 3 month visa to actually be in-country to obtain your work permit,not all companies want to make a WP for someone who is not here already.

oh. ofcourse. I just give a neccessary information for anyone who need
I think if it is too difficult for him to obtain 3 month visa, he should think about a Vietnamese agency. they will help him to prepare all documents to apply for it.

sjpersonal wrote:

Opening an LLC in the US is no problem at all.  But it mentioned having a work permit.  I will not have a Vietnamese partner in any business there since I really have no rights or protection.

The easiest, cheapest, way to incorporate a company is to get a 'sleeping' VNese partner. Just keep them away from the bank accounts and the seals used for making deals.

As a standalone Foreigner you will have mountains to climb, legally, then you will have hassles getting a lease, signing up for electricity, etc. With a VNese partner all the hassles fade away as they are allowed much more leeway than a Foreign-owned business.

I have two small 'cutting' enterprises in ChoLon and various inspectors come around expecting to get paid off. The Cong An gave us hassles about parking on the side walk - yet all the other business had motorcycles AND used the side walk as workshops. We don't (we use lasers). Eventually we cooled them off when we told the Peoples Committee we were moving because of the prejudice against us.

Then the 'safety' inspectors came around - your people need hard-toe boots, safety helmets, etc. Forget the fact we actually had a BIG first aid kit on the wall, along with a copy of the Labour Act, etc. I simply refused - I said let's go to court and they backed off.

The rent hassle faded as I bought the building. EVN was happy as we used Power Factor Correction on our equipment (all to do with types of loads).

Remember, HCMC Peoples Committee is the most proactive business supporting outfit in the country, but they are sticklers with complying with legislation and actually visit your premises (not for bribes) to check on things.

As a new investor you won't know who to pay off and who to give the finger to. A VNese 'partner' knows all the tricks and it makes life easier, much easier.

If you go the standalone route the capital required will kill you. (Always minimise the money investments in VN - the interest rates are negative when inflation is factored in.) Companies such as Intel, Toyota and Samsung spend months / years getting all the permits lined up yet with a VNese partner you can be up and running in a couple of weeks ... then you need a Work Permit!

The neatest trick I learned of was an Australian who hired a hooker as a VNese partner. The deal is she gets USD$500/year just to keep in touch, update her address and meet to complete any forms!

Hi
You can renew maximum 12 months per year so that you have to exit Vietnam after 4 times of renew visa.
If you want to stay in Vietnam long time, you can contact me. I'll tell you some tips :) Have a nice day guy!