Winter is here in Canada. I want out!

In my part of the country winter is here in Canada.  Why are we paying to live here the government should be paying us to stay.  Freaking cold and windy.  I gotta head to the Carribean.  Anybody else freaking out!

Nelson, the beach weather here is too hot. Can you bring some ice for our drinks please?
:proud  Saludos cordiales

There are many Canadians living here on Roatan Island. I have lived here for almost two years but am currently visiting "up North." I have become so adapted to living in Honduras that it is difficult for me to return, not just because of the climate difference but also other factors, such as diet. After I moved to Honduras a lot of my health problems went away. When I go back and start eating American food my problems start coming back, right away. So it is more than the weather, but also other aspects of one's entire lifestyle that have an effect - either positive or negative. The simple fact is that food here is better and has less contaminates in it. This has a salubrious effect on one's health. I have found this out for myself.

Also, gentlemen, if you look around Roatan, there are copies of a 16th or 17th century map made by a british lieuftenant. He describes very well Roatan, including the weather which, he calls "medicinal". I lived in Roatan for some months and its true, the weather is just plain perfect and feels heatlhy. Except for the mosquitoes and sandflies, Roatan air is good for you..
Saludos cordiales

Looking for a place that i can enjoy living in...somewhere warm friendly and able to be employed. Carribean.

I'm surprised to hear that there are many Canadians livin in Roatan. How do they do it? I'd love to!!!

I was soo lucky to have enjoyed a week vacation at west bay last winter. This place is a hidden gem. Natures gift to us.

Toronto g wrote:

Looking for a place that i can enjoy living in...somewhere warm friendly and able to be employed. Carribean.

I'm surprised to hear that there are many Canadians livin in Roatan. How do they do it? I'd love to!!!

I was soo lucky to have enjoyed a week vacation at west bay last winter. This place is a hidden gem. Natures gift to us.

I think Canadians do it by selling everything and are do sick of the taxes and the cold.  They realize they pay more in taxes in a year than its worth.
Income tax
Property tax
Capital gains tax
Corporate taxes
Municipale tax
Water tax
School tax
Hospital tax
Pst
Gst
If you live in a town that wants a new hockey rink they sting you for that and then charge you to use it.

After all that paying the average canadian pays between $60,000 to $80,000 a year.  Then on top of that you have to pump your own gas and bag your own groceries.

But it is super cheap in honduras but you are on your own, virtually no police force,   But you could hire a Honduran for about $500 a month to do security and look after your home.  So $6000 a year and buy into a medical plan and you are good to go.  Canada is screwing you on the taxes.  I am trying to sell my company and keep my home in Canada and buy a beach home somewhere cheap.