Business Brokers

Hi,

I am looking for business opportunities in Mauritius. But I cannot find any type of business brokers or agents.
Can someone tell me where do business minded people find franchise opportunities and/or reputable business brokers. I know that a fair amount of South african companies have opened up franchises in mauritius.

I am looking especially at petrol stations and pharmacies. This is part of my research phase as I will be coming to Mauritius in January.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Fisher1985 and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that some members will be able to give you some hints soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

We have a couple of those South African Franchisees in our portfolio.  Would appreciate knowing your precise needs (as regards information) to assist.

I am looking for business opportunities too in mauritius. Any information will be useful.

Hello, petrol stations and pharmacies would not be a good investment, as the market is already saturated. Petrol is also highly regulated. The STC (a government body) controls all the pricing, and Mauritius in itself is a small market, so you may wish to seek opportunities in other industries. Your first step would be to register a company with an office in Mauritius, even if it were a small office just with one employee. If you wish, we could meet when you are here.

Vasoov I'm surprised with your advice.  The first step is not to register company and open office. It never is ! what happens if the business doesn't work? You pay deposit, rentals and salary in the meantime ?

The first step in every business is market research and business plan. you have to first study the market and document yourself on the business environment and it's internal and external factors. You can't just put two lines on forum, get comments and then open an office.

This is my two pence worth but thought it was necessary.

Vasoov I'm surprised with your advice.  The first step is not to register company and open office. It never is ! what happens if the business doesn't work? You pay deposit, rentals and salary in the meantime ?

The first step in every business is market research and business plan. you have to first study the market and document yourself on the business environment and it's internal and external factors. You can't just put two lines on forum, get comments and then open an office.

This is my two pence worth but thought it was necessary.

LOL! Why be surprised?  Any businessman knows that research is important prior to getting into a market, which is why Fisher1985 is coming to visit in the first place. That is basic. I am looking past that. Whether a local office needs to be opened or not is up to him/her to decide, which is why I have requested to meet. I also do not recall having asked for your advice so there is no need to hijack my post.

hi jack your post. This is a public forum. If you feel no other should comment, do it privately. there's a private message feature here...In case you didn't know.

This is the problem where people think they can advise and this is not their profession. I'll leave the thread to you as it appears it's your private property.

happy new year anyway

vasoov wrote:

. I also do not recall having asked for your advice so there is no need to hijack my post.

May be you don't know the goal of this blog before making such comment.
This is a forum where people share ideas, give advices , make recommendations.
As far as highjacking, I guess you don't realize that the original poster is the owner of his thread. Everybody else just adds on - whether it is OT , promoting their business with subtle  advices or just posting for the sake of posting when they've just discovered this blog.

Hello,

I read your post. It's true there's lots of South African person who have set up their business in Mauritius. The Procedure is very simple. You need to partner with a Mauritian person to set up your business. As a business owner you can acquire property and develop more businesses you want.

I'm an owner of advertising agency in Mauritius.

Regards,

Lisa

duplicate

lisa.marden wrote:

Hello,

You need to partner with a Mauritian person to set up your business.
Regards,

Lisa

:/ 
Is that so?
Please go to the BOI site to inform yourself how to set up a business in Mauritius.
This is a start even though it is 5 yrs old:
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/africa/m … itius.html