Moving there to the south of France - unsure about the best city !!?

Hi everyone!
I am hoping to move to the south of france in January but I am still unsure which is the best city to move to for employment and good atmosphere. Any suggestions would really help :)

Hello Ccunn723 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope that some members will be able to guide you to choose the best city soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi,
I just moved here 2 months ago, I live in Antibes its ok but a bit small and unless u work in developing its not so easy to find a job here .SO I guess the best around here is Nice and from what I saw its really nice. So if u dont have a specific location you have to be , you can check more details about Nice. :) .

Statistically Nice, Followed by Toulouse and then Bayonne. Have the lowest unemployment, but really a better idea is to match your skills to job vacancies.
Unemployment is quite high at the moment, its not something I'd envisage changing over night. though it can change seasonally here that's why its cheap to rent in winter.
As for atmosphere a general rule of thumb is, if you've heard of it its fairly happening :) . Otherwise I'd do a lot more research as some cities are a lot more polarised in what they offer, this too can vary seasonally.

Hi

I was Just wondering if you moved in the end? and if so where did you move to? I am hoping to take a career break next year and move out to France so I was just wondering how you are finding it?

Many Thanks

EJ

I was wondering if you finally moved out to.... How is your life in France? Do you enjoy it?

I agree with Vincent. You need to match your skills to jobs. You clearly have not done enough research, so unless you have a bottomless pit of money, don't come! Ensure you can speak at least O'level French before you come, and preferably, A'level. Alternatively, come on holiday and then look for work, but be sure to give yourself a finite time frame. Six weeks should exhaust your savings if you have to find accom. and subsist alone.

Serif do you live in France?