Coronado vs Malibu

Hello!

I noticed Malibu is even closer to Panama City, and that the prices are more reasonable in Malibu. Is there any specific reason? Is it because Coronado is a closed community, while Malibu is a "Regular" town?

THANKS!

There is no malibu in Panamá.

Thanks! But I think there is one: http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Central_A … ma/malibu/

If you notice it is just a surfer Beach. No residential.

True. I should have titled this "Malibu/Nueva Gorgona". Anyway, if you have experience with the area, is it a good one? Some people say it is noisy and crowded, because it is not a gated community like Coronado.

Thanks.

Hiya

Playa Malibu is in Gorgona,

It is a lot cheaper than Coronado in terms of renting and buying.

There are good and not so good areas in Gorgona/Nuevo Gorgona but it is definitely up and coming...the beach is fantastic and the backdrop is the mountains...

Thank you so much Lorna!

If possible, can you please name 1-2 good areas there? So I can research them online for rentals/sales.

THANKS!

Hi
Playa Malibu is probably the nearest decent beach to the city...
if you are happy to be near the beach but not necessarily on it you can look at cabuya (it's on the other side of the highway so even cheaper to live...or Las Lajas which is also on the other side of the highway from Coronado.

You do have Punta Chame but to get there is a good 30 minutes off the highway and it is costly.

This may help you: http://trypanama.com/

Good luck!

On another note...the beach at Gorgona does sometimes get a bit rowdy...only really at weekends and not so much at Playa Malibu end.
you will find thst most places at the beaches do get busier and noisier at the weekends but not unbearably so...but I guess it depends how you feel about it!

Thanks! We are in Costa Rica for a vacation, it seems the same here. Locals come here from Saturday morning until Sunday later afternoon, then everything is quiet again. I think we can live with that, as long as the places are ok most of the weekdays.