HELP! How to live on first arrival!

My partner and I are moving out to Bulgaria this coming April.

We have the house and land and plan to camp in the garden for the first few months whilst we do it up and make it more liveable.

One of the first projects is septic tank and toilet, but until this is done I am wondering what the best option is.

Has anyone got first hand knowledge of this!!? Is a compost loo easy to set up? If not then where do we dispose of waste from a chemical toilet and how long do they last?

Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Composting toilets are extremely easy to set up and care for. The key is to have plenty of sawdust or wood chips to cover everything, and to urinate separately when possible, to keep your compost from getting too wet. Other than that, just follow the instructions on any of the many DIY websites. It will be much easier than a chemical toilet, and you can keep using it for years.

Dear friends ,
In 99% of the houses in the villages in BG the toilet is outside a little bit away from the house ! Under the toilet you have some kind of reservoir with a depth from arround 4 meter . That's is the septic tank over here . That's also the tank that people use by renovation from the property .
                                                        Axinia

If your house is located in a small, distant village, which has no sewage system  then the best option is a septic tank. All the waste water includingly from the toilet is collected there. Usually these are buil in a way that they will have the necessary volume for at least 3 - 5 years. When the septic tank is about to be filled, then you call a specialized service which sends a vehicle to pump the contents out and dispose of it. The payment requested by the specialized companies is between 30 and 70 euros, depending on the volume.

Normally the old houses ( built at least 40 - 50 years ago) in Bulgarian villages have septic tanks and toilests otside the house.