Moving to Ruwais

my husband has been approached to work for one of the refineries in Ruwais and the kids and I are planning on joining him. my biggest worry is my hair, are there salons that side that cater for African hair? and also I would like to know is it expensive living that side?

Not sure about saloons but there must be as UAE is home to 90+ nationalities and Africans have considerable population here.

Cost of living depends on life style, house rents are too high, not sure if ur husbands employer will provide family residence or u have to rent it yourself. An average 2 bed room apartment will cost you about 80000 to 100000 dirhams annually depending on the area u choose to live.

Same is for school, education too is expensive here, rest is fine and adorable.

there are saloons in Ruwais for gents and ladies.. and, they will consider african hair also.. :)

if your husband is provided with family accommodation by the employer then no need to worry at all... this mainly applies for government / public sector employers and some of the consultancy firms, etc.
if the employer is not providing family accommodation, then it is like you guys need to rent out a villa / apartment in either Gayathi which is a nearby town -or- in Mirfa which is around 100 km from Ruwais.. both these places have cheaper rent structure compared to Abu Dhabi main city and Mussafah..

and, for your info, the entertainment and recreation facilities are very limited in Ruwais..