VPN or Proxy accounts?

I understand that the blocked websites can be accessed by buying a VPN or proxy server account before arriving in UAE

What VPN's are people using and what is the cost?

Do the accounts allow for multiple users, or is it just one user per account?

I am using "your freedom" it is free

Forgot to mention, we are Mac users and none of the VPN's seem to be Mac compatible

Watchout Sandman,
Etisalat and Du have apparently the means to detect that you're using proxies or the likes and if they find you, you get huge fines to pay!
BTW I did not encounter too many censored websites till now (I was on Du in Dubai and now on Etisalat in RAK).

Cheers
Arlette

I cannot believe that VPN's are banned....otherwise how would the financial institutions and the oil & gas industry function?

Sandman6 wrote:

I cannot believe that VPN's are banned....otherwise how would the financial institutions and the oil & gas industry function?

They aren't banned for office work mate, I set up a Cisco VPN for my old company out in Sharjah. Their seems to be a UAE proxy via the ISP that filters all outbound URL requests. As FeeAcer says, watch yourself, as they are sniffing for encrypted outbound traffic.

Hope you are enjoying it out there, same old same old here I am afraid.

Just settling in fella...so far so good but incredibly hot even compared to Libya.

Got the VPN sorted in the UK before we left and is just the ticket! :)

Sandman6 wrote:

Just settling in fella...so far so good but incredibly hot even compared to Libya.

Got the VPN sorted in the UK before we left and is just the ticket! :)

Good man, glad you and the family are happy mate. I am off home for 3 weeks on the 26th, can't wait. Oh I met up with MoEl from the forum, really nice guy by the way.

Temperature here a nice 37 degrees, you will be experiencing temps as high as 50 I would have thought.

Keep in touch.

HI EVERYONE

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A VOIP ENABLED MOBILE PHONE WHICH CAN WORK WELL IN UAE. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS AND ALSO THE VOIP DIALERS WHICH ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THAT MOBILE PHONE.

THANKS!!!!

refrain from any VPN software as its being strictly monitored!

Do not use proxies please..They are inconsistent and unreliable..
Now as far as the VPN service I am using, it allows one user at a time although they do have a separate package which allows you to connect more than one users simultaneously.