Does vietnam have an policy on bringing in jewelry

I am traveling to vietnam in december and I am carrying an engagement ring and an pair of ear rings. They are for my fiancee. Is there an policy on bringing jewelry into vietnam ?

There is but with such a small amount, carried in a secure pocket, nothing will likely happen. AND SAY NOTHING - talking will get you in to a hassle.

They only X-ray baggage when exiting Arrivals.

SamMan46 wrote:

I am traveling to vietnam in december and I am carrying an engagement ring and an pair of ear rings. They are for my fiancee. Is there an policy on bringing jewelry into vietnam ?

According to the latest policy valid from April 2014, foreigners are allowed to bring in an amount of jewelry under 300g without customs declaration, if over 300g you will need to declare (I personally find it no problem at all).

Tip: In case you want to bring along more than 300g and still dont want to declare, just put some of them on your neck, wrist, or even.... your legs :)

virgoks wrote:

According to the latest policy valid from April 2014, foreigners are allowed to bring in an amount of jewelry (sic) under 300g without customs declaration, if over 300g you will need to declare (I personally find it no problem at all).

Tip: In case you want to bring along more than 300g and still dont want to declare, just put some of them on your neck, wrist, or even.... your legs :)

Customs interpret 'personal' as items being appropriate to the sex of the carrier.