I want to meet people,,Je souhaite rencontrer des gens

hi friends! im morrocan girl i would like to meet someone  french girl or a woman live in essaouira who wants to learn arabic or english , i want to improve my  friench ,i can help in many things if you like as a reward  . :D ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Salut les amis! je suis  marocaine je voudrais rencontrer quelqu'un  française vivre à Essaouira qui veut apprendre  l'arabe ou l' anglais, je veux améliorer mon francaise , je peux vous aider dans beaucoup des choses si vous aimez comme une récompense  :D

Hello.

I don't really get some of this. Why would anyone choose a non-native English speaker to learn English from? And how on earth would you improve your French by teaching someone English? You are in a country where French is extremely widely spoken so you must have millions of opportunities to improve your French.

In addition, if you are teaching someone English and supposedly learning French from them, why on earth would you want to "reward" them? It looks like a straight swap to me.

You are a native Arabic speaker, so I could understand people learning Arabic from you - if you have a teaching qualification. Perhaps you could tell us what qualification you have.

You also forgot to say if the Arabic you purport to teach is Darija or MSA.

hmmmmm ok i studied eglish at uiversity ,and i teach english to the first ad  second grade students in a privat school.and im an arabic morrocan girl i can speak them both . by the way ,i want to only to speak frech i can learn it by myself but my proouciatio is bad

fatima rafik wrote:

hmmmmm ok i studied eglish at uiversity ,and i teach english to the first ad  second grade students in a privat school.and im an arabic morrocan girl i can speak them both .

Ask for a refund from that University.

XB23 wrote:
fatima rafik wrote:

hmmmmm ok i studied eglish at uiversity ,and i teach english to the first ad  second grade students in a privat school.and im an arabic morrocan girl i can speak them both .

I love it.

I'm sorry Fatima, but you have just shot yourself in the foot. If this is your standard of English, then my initial misgivings about your being able to teach it were fully justified.

XB23 wrote:

Given that our forums are open to members from all over the world you can hardly expect that everyone here is going to speak English as their first language. If you do you're ignoring the fact that English isn't even the most widely spoken language on the planet, not by a long shot.

I personally would far rather see our members here trying to post in our Anglophone forums in English (regardless of how many mistakes they make) than doing so in their own mother tongue, it shows their respect for the rest of us and that they are trying to comply with our rules of conduct. Rather than criticizing or demeaning them you should be encouraging them.

Your posting reminds me ot the T-H-I-N-K rules of internet etiquette.... T - Is it true, H - Is it hurtful, I - Is it informative, N - Is it necessary, and K - Is it kind? I'd say your comment here falls sadly short on a number of those requisites, namely the last 4.

Regards,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

laduqesa wrote:
XB23 wrote:
fatima rafik wrote:

I love it.

I'm sorry Fatima, but you have just shot yourself in the foot. If this is your standard of English, then my initial misgivings about your being able to teach it were fully justified.

Funny, I guess I must have missed something in the exchanges on this thread. I was of the distinct impression that Fatima started off this topic simply seeking a language exchange. How it evolved into a discussion about teaching the language (professionally) which now seems to be the case I will never be able to figure out. Must be a "British thing".

Perhaps you and XB23 would be so kind as to inform us all exactly what teaching degrees in English you have? Myself I have a career spanning over 26 years teaching ESL and hold a BA (English) and BEd (English) from two major Canadian universities. Despite the fact that it's my mother tongue I'm not here purporting to be the "sole owner" of the language and deriding anyone for trying to use it. Shame on you both.

Regards,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Just hold on a moment please.

Of course there will be many people writing here and using English as a foreign language. And why not?

However, someone claiming to be a university graduate in English and capable of teaching it should be able to display an extraordinarily proficient grasp of the language, far better, for example, than my fluent French, which is the result of just one year studying at uni until I switched disciplines.

Is the OP's English a display of the incompetence of Moroccan universities, in which case I don't think the remark was flippant at all that she should get her cash back? Or is there an altogether different reason which we do not know?

EDIT

I just saw your further post.

Fatima claims to be teaching English already. Did you miss that bit in your unrighteous indignation?

And why should I have a qualification in teaching, for heaven's sake? I'm not offering to teach English or any other subject to people on these boards. If I were to offer a service here, something that is vanishingly unlikely, be sure that I would be offering my qualifications and proof of them.

Where is she purporting to be a professional teacher? She's talking about a simple language exchange.... From where I stand the only ones here who are having serious problems with the language (at least from the side of comprehension) are you and XB23.

No. You are the one who can't read and comprehend what you are seeing. What does this mean? Can you work it out?

"i teach english to the first ad  second grade students in a privat school"

6 mistakes, from a cursory glance, in one sentence.

Get your head out of the sand my friend, this is the  REAL world we're living  in. It speaks volumes about the qualifications required by the educational system for teachers, not much else. She mentioned that only as a sidebar anyway, she's still talking about a straight language exchange here and doesn't need everybody dumping on her.

Perhaps it would be a real wake-up call to you to see the requirements for English teachers in the public school system here in Brazil. I attended my former stepson's school to speak with his English teacher, and to show her a few of the textbooks I've written. She stopped me dead in my tracks after the second word came out of my mouth. She told me in Portuguese that she didn't speak English. When I asked here (in perfect Portuguese) how in God's name she could teach the language she replied without even a pause, "I only teach what's in the book".

Now that would be something to complain about. Please leave this poor girl alone, she neither asked for nor does she need your righteous indignation. Or shall we simply close the thread completely?

Regards,
William James Woodward, Expat-Blog Experts Team

I think we should close it.

:D:D  you are aggressive man!  calm down ! hhhhhhhh that's funny

fatima rafik wrote:

:D:D  you are aggressive man!  calm down ! hhhhhhhh that's funny

Not at all.

It's a simple request. What are your qualifications?

-closed, as requested by the OP-

Closed