A Information abot Travel Ban in Bahrain

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I would say hello to all and request an info on-behalf of my very close friend in Bahrain.

This guy is having a some amount (1k-plus) in a CC and few thousands in a Loan outstanding from two different banks. he is not sure but he thinks he might have been slapped travel Ban on him. He is working as a construction manager and now got an offer from leading construction company in Bahrain. But he's now worried to transfer his visa to new company as there is a law in Bahrain that the travel ban expat's visa cant be changed. Could anyone please shed some light on this matter please?, I'm not that aware of these issues.

Thank you,

Your friendly neighbor in Bahrain.

Hello BahrainIT and welcome to Expat.com

Hope that some members will be able to shed some light on your queries.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I know there is an issue in Bahrain about this specific situation. There are a number of people in Bahrain who cannot get a job nor can leave Bahrain so they are really stuck.

First, he needs to know if he's got a travel ban in Bahrain. Has he tried flying out? If not, he should. Second, he should get in touch with LMRA to explore his options. But before all of this, he should inform his embassy as they should be able to provide some legal help for him.

I know it's a catch 22 situation and I heard the government is working on some kind of a solution for this - but who knows when it will be finalised.