How smart is your dog?

We should have really had a thread on dogs during that cat thread. ( it wasn't fair on the cat lovers, having all that attention drawn away from them ).
   Tell us your experience with your dog and dogs in VN. How smart is he/she?
  I just realised my dog is bilingual, it doesn't matter if I say mouse, or Chuot, ( at different times ), he starts looking for  one, also if I say certain peoples names , he immediately goes out to have a look.
http://theartofinkonpaper.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/bob-zahn-rusty-was-a-very-smart-dog-cartoon.jpg

Hi Bluenz, please be informed that I do not feel bother about you guy talking about dog on my cat thread :D Actually thank you so much for your attention :)

Your dog is bilingual because he has a bilingual owner right? Just like kids in mixed family.

I feel dogs are smart in the way they look at human. Their eyes can talk! ("play with me, love me, feed me, please") :D

Cats and dogs are great pets to have in the house. Just that the stray ones are sometimes a nuisance. Some locality have plenty of stray ones around.

sensesofvietnam wrote:

Cats and dogs are great pets to have in the house. Just that the stray ones are sometimes a nuisance. Some locality have plenty of stray ones around.

Most VNs won't allow a dog in their house's, ( of course my dog doesn't know this , so I have to watch him, when visiting a VN ), the dog buyers take " care " of any stray animals up here. ( and  some not so stray ).
http://www.fl-k9.com/wp-content/uploads/StrayBar.jpg

bluenz wrote:
sensesofvietnam wrote:

Most VNs won't allow a dog in their house's, ( of course my dog doesn't know this , so I have to watch him, when visiting a VN ), the dog buyers take " care " of any stray animals up here. ( and  some not so stray ).
[img align=c]http://www.fl-k9.com/wp-content/uploads/StrayBar.jpg[/url]

I love cats.They taste just like chicken.

jimbream wrote:

???????????????????????????????????????????????

To Bluenz: You are right! Dogs are very smart. Mine understands English, French and Vietnamese! But thats true with all animals! I had birds and rabbits and they were just as smart! I can see that you take your dog with you where ever you go. Be careful so you don't lose him!

jimbream wrote:

I suddenly thought about my friend. He told me about a girl: I'm sure that girl is good girl, because my dog likes her so much. After hearing his thought, I think: maybe I shouldn't visit his house, because if his dog doesn't like me, am I a bad woman :D?

VanKhanh Ho wrote:
jimbream wrote:

???????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.foundanimals.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/garfield.png

zabrinale wrote:

To Bluenz: You are right! Dogs are very smart. Mine understands English, French and Vietnamese! But thats true with all animals! I had birds and rabbits and they were just as smart! I can see that you take your dog with you where ever you go. Be careful so you don't lose him!

My dog is now in a state of depression, my new school won't allow me to carry my dog on my m/b anymore, apparently it reflects on the " status " of being a " Teacher ". Luckily dogs have no sense of time, if I'm away for 2 minutes  , or 2 hours , I get the same welcome when I return.

ngattt wrote:
jimbream wrote:

I suddenly thought about my friend. He told me about a girl: I'm sure that girl is good girl, because my dog likes her so much. After hearing his thought, I think: maybe I shouldn't visit his house, because if his dog doesn't like me, am I a bad woman :D?

Don't take it personally, his dog is either in owner protection mode, or jealous of his attention to you, my dog is like that with everyone, ( sometimes very aggressively, especially if they show any fear of him ), I tell people to just ignore him, and sure enough , he tries to be their friend.

Hi,

My neighbor has 2 dogs: one is japanese dog; the other one is Viet dog. They are quiet different. The Viet dog can walk like a human if you challenge her to catch the food. After that she will lay down. While the japanese dog cant walk excellently as Viet one. He always looks handsome with intelligent eyes. I love seeing him from the back everytime he sits ( rarely lay down). Very cute buttons.

bluenz wrote:

Don't take it personally, his dog is either in owner protection mode, or jealous of his attention to you, my dog is like that with everyone, ( sometimes very aggressively, especially if they show any fear of him ), I tell people to just ignore him, and sure enough , he tries to be their friend.

I'm quite confident with people and even dog. But I am afraid, unfortunely, some day I don't feel like to play with them, and if they hate me, it means I am a bad woman :D?! Hmmm.

ngattt wrote:
jimbream wrote:

Oops. That girl can be somehow like his gf.

ngattt wrote:
bluenz wrote:

I'm quite confident with people and even dog. But I am afraid, unfortunely, some day I don't feel like to play with them, and if they hate me, it means I am a bad woman :D?! Hmmm.

Dogs can sense if someone is afraid of them, and they like to take full advantage of controlling that person.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Oops. That girl can be somehow like his gf.

Unfortunately he knew she was a bad girl after that... Ah, no, trouble girl is more exact.

We are friends, I can visit him anytime on Sunday, but I dont have time and dont like to have troubles with dogs :D. In his eyes I am a good woman, dont want become bad woman just because of dogs  :lol:
Sorry J if you read my comments here, but its true, haha.. :P

[ Moderated : Inappropriate ]

bluenz wrote:

Ha ha, Mods must work so hard these day ;)
Here the bad girl :D. Hope you can read it before it is deleted :D
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91485187/Expat_Blog_Reply/badgirl.jpg

ngattt wrote:
bluenz wrote:

Ha ha, Mods must work so hard these day ;)
Here the bad girl :D. Hope you can read it before it is deleted :D
[img align=C]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91485187/Expat_Blog_Reply/badgirl.jpg[/url]

Yes , that's why so many " bad " girls are blondes, because blondes have more fun.

Dam this short term memory loss, I can't  even remember what I posted???? I didn't think it was that bad. I just " hope " I don't do it again.

jimbream wrote:

The Chinese like cat meat.

So many were being sold across the border in LAO CAI that the rat population increased so they passed a law that imposed prison sentences on cat smugglers.

You can get French recipes on how to cook cat.

How smart is your dog?

Dogs are frequently smarter than their custodians. That's why they can manipulate people into walking them, feeding them and grooming them.

Jaitch wrote:

How smart is your dog?

Dogs are frequently smarter than their custodians. That's why they can manipulate people into walking them, feeding them and grooming them.

Have ever noticed how many dogs look like owners, ( luckily I have a good looking dog LOL ).
[img align=l][img align=l]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/11/article-2113454-121E85E3000005DC-759_634x811.jpg[/img][/img]

[Moderated : inappropriate content ]

Jaitch wrote:
jimbream wrote:

The Chinese like cat meat.

In my hometown, there are many restaurants sell cat meat. My mom can cook some meals...
With someone loves cat/dog, its terrible. But with many people here, cat/dog is just like chicken, pig.

I don't even care, what people eat. I care about when it is stolen, especially if and when from me and I think, most people will think the same.

However, eating a dog, humans best friend, is virtually cannibalism.

Jaitch wrote:

How smart is your dog?

Cats are definitely smarter though, they don't have to do anything at all, to get the same attention, ( maybe that annoying meowing works though ).

bluenz wrote:
Jaitch wrote:

How smart is your dog?

Cats are definitely smarter though, they don't have to do anything at all, to get the same attention, ( maybe that annoying meowing works though ).

Nah, they make fun for us by playing around by herself (Different with dogs who make fun for us by playing with us). And show their gorgeous eyes look at us :D Only meowing when they are hungry.

They show a silent love when they lying wrapped herself on my legs, and gruww to show their trust like I am their mother :)

l3ully wrote:

I don't even care, what people eat. I care about when it is stolen, especially if and when from me and I think, most people will think the same.

However, eating a dog, humans best friend, is virtually cannibalism.

If someone feeds dogs like chicken, they don't think like you. Many arguments about this, and many people said that, if you think that people eat dog meat is terrible, so you shouldn't eat vegetable, because vegetables also has their life! If we take care them so much, they will response your "love" ;)! It starts hard for me to write in English :D.

When I planted some vegestables, I always keep them to see, because I love to see them grow up everyday, felt relax so much. My friends said: are you crazy? Yes, I was crzay  :kiss:. I took care of them like talking care baby. Even sometimes, if I want to go somewhere some days, I worried for them so much. They are like my friends, even I felt they are better than many friends.

I gave my friend some trees, he sent msg for me like this: "I wonder if he (other friend) saw how beautiful your plants were, maybe he would get excited". And this: "Yours are so lush and vibrant though". Do you think we are talking about human :D?

I respected everyone with her/his habit, as long as they do nothing wrong. Because it's normal if we have different views about something.

Hello all! :)

Closing this thread down!

We expect the countries forum to bear only contents in relation to expatriation.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team
[Topic Closed]

Closed