Is male city safe place to live & work

Hi!  I'am 27. From sri lanka.very newbie to this blog. I got a job offer in a advertising firm with decent salary and accommodation. Some are saying maldives is not safe to work and some says its good and its safe now. Is it actually safe to live & work in the city? Plz need help!!!

Dear anuradha,

This place very small country u cannot see another world. Expensive country like new York.

Hai I am an orthopaedic surgeon india. Even I got a job in Maldives Thinadhoo. I got all the papers.everybody says the islands are small will get lonely feeling.if cant cook food its very expensive.no work.simply sit.qiality of life below avarage.
I think u r in abu dabhi.its the best place.
why u want to relocate.

Even u r salary is good u can not send u r whole salary via bank account.u can send only 1000us dollar per month.remaining salary u have to buy dollars in black from the market and send via westren union,etc.
due this u will loose some u r money and some times dollars available market could be fake,difficult to buy.they salary in maldivian rufiya only which doesnt value in otherthan maldives.
iys curtency is not line dollar,pound,dirham,riyal,etc.

Male is a small islands city capital,safe and cool but no social life beside coffee shops no boose, except at the airport hotel

no sir not safe they know gangs by name my friend and police will show no interest at all here if something happen to you
i saw them before beating tourist in Nasandhura Hotel & robbed his necky
(moderated: too generalised comment + bad words not allowed here)