Divorce and annulment

I got married last 2002 here in the Philippines and was blessed with two children. My wife and I decided to separate last 2005. I met another woman last 2007 and were blessed with two kids. My ex-wife moved to Canada and is now a Canadian citizen. 2 years ago she filed a divorced in Canada but she didn't file any petition for annulment here in the Philippines. She gave me a copy of the petition but she didn't gave me the result. How would I know if the petition was granted? She doesn't even cooperate. Can I use the result here in the Philippines for annulment? Please reply. Thank you.

What is your Nationality? Is it safe to assume you are marrying a Filipina and she is single?

I am a Filipino. Yes she is single and we've been living together for 3 years. My ex-wife moved and worked to Canada several years ago (not sure about the year) since she has a sister who is also working in Canada.

If ever the divorced petition was granted to my ex wife who is now a Canadian citizen can I use the result to revoked my previous marriage with her?

You need a lawyer to judicially recognized the foreign divorce!

We already talked to the lawyer and he said we could use it but my ex wife refused to give the result.

I am Fil-Canadian lawyer; I advise you to go to the Canadian Consulate to get an advise! Have you written to her; she might have gotten married there before her divorce;

I already sent her a message asking her about the result of the petition through Facebook but she refused. I'm currently residing in Davao City. Is there a Canadian consulate in Davao? I saw several pictures of her in another Facebook account It was like a wedding ceremony she was with another man at the municipal hall somewhere in sta. Lucia Ilocos Sur. I'm sure that it was a wedding ceremony and there were witnesses but when I checked her record in NSO she was only married to me. Did she use another name? Thank you so much maam.

That is why she is scared to give you any information! Get all the informations and pictures you have of this possible marriage ! This will be your leverage against her! Maybe she really did not get a divorce! Is she Canadian Citizen?

yes ma'am she is a Canadian citizen because her sister invited her. She was working in Hongkong before and moved to Canada as a caregiver. I already gave her the custody of our children
to bring them in Canada and they are leaving this December.

We don't much about her because she kept her account private. But I got the chance to talk to that guy in the picture thru Facebook and he admitted that they are already married
. But I'm still confused. If she is married with this man why is it that it is not written on her NSO record? Did she use another name?

How long has she been in Canada? I doubt if she really got divorced! Maybe her CNOMAR was secured fraudulently? In any case you still need an annulment

She's been leaving in Canada for almost 4 years.Can I file a case against her? Thank you mam. She had a son with another man before she moved to Canada

You can file an adultery case against her and make it difficult for her to comeback here in the Philippines.  By the way, the man she married, is he a Filipino?

He's a Filipino an ofw in Saudi Arabia. We don't have any paper to justify the marriage she had we only have pictures of the said wedding as a proof. Would this be enough mam? Please help us on this matter? Thank you so much.

It is a start.  This will be a leverage on your part for her to tell you the truth if she really divorced you!

I already showed it to her the pictures using facebook but she laughed at me. I don't have any paper as a proof only pictures. Is there other way to force her?

File a criminal case against her! You can inquire as I said from the Canadian Embassy if she is registered divorced

Thank you so much maam. This is a big help on my part. God bless

Take care!

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason : No free advertising here please + register in the business directory