Meeting english speaking people

We have lived part time is Isabela PR for some years and we would like to meet some English speaking people. My partner doesn't speak Spanish, I do but it makes communicating difficult for her.We would very much like to meet some people who speak English , We know there are but we don't meet too many. Need some help

Spend time in Rincon, not far away from Isabela. Large English speaking ex-pat community. Also people whose first language is Spanish often also understand English. Surprised you haven't already, or have you?

There is a place in Isabella called the Ola Lola Garden bar.   They are on FB and cater to a mostly English speaking crowd.  Very nice folks.  Good food, drink and they know a lot about the island and great things to do.  They are friends of my friends in Humacao.  Check it out, I am sure they can lead you in a good direction.

Thanks for your reply. Yes we've driven through Rincon many many times on our way to the beach, but we haven't spent much time there, and I didn't know there was a big expat community there, is there a specific place there where it's possible to see and meet some of these folks? Thank you for this valuable tip

Thanks for this great info. Do you know where exactly this place is, would be great if you can share that, but I'm going to search on fb. thank you so very much

Click --> ola lola bar

http://www.olalolaspr.com/

hope this helps.... looks like a fun place to hang...

m

Yes, Rincon has large ex-pat community as well as numerous gringos that come down for the winter. Try:
- every the Art Walk on Thursday nights in downtown by the plaza.
- Villa Cofressi has a gringo night, check to see when.
- if you're into yoga try Barefoot Yoga on Sandy Beach next to Casa Islena.
- Go to the farmer's market on the plaza Sunday mornings.
- give me a call and we can have lunch and speak English! 908-581-1537.

Muchas gracias

Thanks again and again Victoriglass, I'll call you as soon as we get back in a few weeks

Look forward to it!