Hello Everone

I'm a 55 year old male that's financially secure..
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois USA and the eldest son to Richard and June Pytel.
My father worked for a large retail store as a Mechanical Engineer for 44 years. My mother was one of 14 children that grew-up and worked on a farm that grew strawberries. Both my parents have passed away.  I have a younger brother who is married to a wonderful women and lives in Washington DC.  I have a 28 year-old son from a previous marriage that has a career and a simple outlook on life that lives in Charleston, South Carolina, USA.   He's a grown man and takes care of himself.

I retired from my job in July and sold my house in Olympia, Washington. I received a nice pension from the US Government and have a lucrative retirement portfolio.  I was in the US Air Force for 20 years and spent 15 of those in Asia. I lived predominately in Japan – Korea; visited China and Thailand. I like living overseas and that's the prime reason for moving back.  I was in Thailand for six weeks earlier this summer to look at opportunities 
to live and enjoy the culture and sights of your country. I obtained a one-year visa from the Royal Kingdom of Thailand and am very excited at the prospect of being in Thailand for a long time.         

I lead a simple life, that I try to keep as uncomplicated as possible. I maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating right and regular exercise. I enjoy sightseeing, going to watch a movie, and eating out. I have come to realize that Chiang-mai has a lot to offer in the way of activities; trekking, bicycling, white water rafting, hot air ballooning, golfing and a lot of festivals to see. All of which I'm eager to try..   I live alone and plan on getting a teaching certificate so I can help Thai people. I enjoy meeting and talking with people from all walks of life..

Thomazz59 wrote:

I'm a 55 year old male that's financially secure..
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois USA and the eldest son to Richard and June Pytel.
My father worked for a large retail store as a Mechanical Engineer for 44 years. My mother was one of 14 children that grew-up and worked on a farm that grew strawberries. Both my parents have passed away.  I have a younger brother who is married to a wonderful women and lives in Washington DC.  I have a 28 year-old son from a previous marriage that has a career and a simple outlook on life that lives in Charleston, South Carolina, USA.   He's a grown man and takes care of himself.

I retired from my job in July and sold my house in Olympia, Washington. I received a nice pension from the US Government and have a lucrative retirement portfolio.  I was in the US Air Force for 20 years and spent 15 of those in Asia. I lived predominately in Japan – Korea; visited China and Thailand. I like living overseas and that's the prime reason for moving back.  I was in Thailand for six weeks earlier this summer to look at opportunities 
to live and enjoy the culture and sights of your country. I obtained a one-year visa from the Royal Kingdom of Thailand and am very excited at the prospect of being in Thailand for a long time.         

I lead a simple life, that I try to keep as uncomplicated as possible. I maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating right and regular exercise. I enjoy sightseeing, going to watch a movie, and eating out. I have come to realize that Chiang-mai has a lot to offer in the way of activities; trekking, bicycling, white water rafting, hot air ballooning, golfing and a lot of festivals to see. All of which I'm eager to try..   I live alone and plan on getting a teaching certificate so I can help Thai people. I enjoy meeting and talking with people from all walks of life..

Welcome to the forum

When in CM contact this club www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com

Welcome to the blog and Chiang Mai. Besides expat forum, you also can join Chiang Mai Couch Surfing. They organize activities every week.

Welcome to the forum  ;)

A very nice introduction indeed