A word of wisdom

not really
we are mixing love and friendship

to me these are two different things

Well done blog team. I love the new look

i never pray God to make my life easier i always pray to God to make me a stronger person to face        my life which U gave me.  :gloria

When flood comes, “fish eat ants” when flood goes down “ants eat fish” time matters…. “ALLAH gives opportunity to every one…!!”

Acceptance of not knowing..................

syed zee wrote:

:one Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.

Perhaps the quote should be this way: Our character is what we do when we know no one is looking.

"Better to remain silent and appear a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

-- Abraham Lincoln

cccmedia wrote:

"Better to remain silent and appear a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

-- Abraham Lincoln

Is it Abe's? Did you try Mark Twain? ;) that would remove "all" doubts now, wouldn't it?

btw, the difference between "think" and "know" is the same as lightning to a lighting bug ;) Guess where that came from? :)

dannyC wrote:
cccmedia wrote:

-- Abraham Lincoln

Is it Abe's? Did you try Mark Twain? ;) that would remove "all" doubts now, wouldn't it?

My source was brainyquotes.com

To the extent that Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain is associated with this quote, it may be because he was born 27 years after Lincoln and popularized the citation.

cccmedia

cccmedia wrote:
dannyC wrote:
cccmedia wrote:

-- Abraham Lincoln

My source was brainyquotes.com

To the extent that Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain is associated with this quote, it may be because he was born 27 years after Lincoln and popularized the citation.

cccmedia

Haha my source is from goodreads.com
Your explanation is somewhat dubious and definitely unsubstantiated, but I see that you enjoy the quote as much as I do, therefore, it doesn't matter. I think it is MT's because of the way he talked. I love the way he rolled out his words dripping with poison and sarcasms. The above quote seems better fitting with MT than AL. But that is only my opinion :)

dannyC wrote:

Your explanation is somewhat dubious and definitely unsubstantiated...

What!!! :o

Oh, Danny boy!

cccmedia

cccmedia wrote:

Oh, Danny boy!

That was Frederic Weatherly, but it's not really 'words of wisdom'.

Quotations about dressing and personal presentation....

"Eat to please thyself, but dress to please others."

-- Benjamin Franklin

"A woman who is devoted to beauty
    is being tremendously generous of herself."

-- Robert Panté

Money talks, nobody walks.

-- Dennison the Men's Clothiers, Route 22, Union, New Jersey

The Four Agreements....

1.  Be impeccable with your word.

2.  Always do your best.

3.  Don't take anything personally.

4.  Don't make assumptions.

From the book The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.

The work goes on.

The cause endures.

The hope still lives.

And the dream will never die.

-- Senator Ted Kennedy
       1980 Democratic National Convention

NBA Center Anderson Varejao of Brazil, about joining with his new teammates on the Golden State Warriors this week:

"I'm glad I came here, because I can tell that they love each other.  That's what it's all about.... When you want to win, you have to be like they are -- friends who have fun out there (on the court) and fun in the locker room."

Varejao, 33, played his first 12 seasons in Cleveland.  His new team, the Warriors, are the defending NBA champions and won their 50th game of the season this week -- the fastest team ever to reach 50 NBA wins.

Varejao has previously played basketball with four of the current Warriors -- Leandro Barbosa, on the Brazil national team .. and in Cleveland with Sean Livingston, Marreese Speights and Luke Walton (who was acting head coach of the Warriors during the first half of this season).  Walton is currently Golden State's lead assistant coach.

cccmedia

Here are some words to live by:
“VOTING is deciding which criminal gets to steal everything you have.”

Nice one Gordon

“Shopping is not a hobby.”

-- Daisy the Wanderer, founder of www.simplicityrelished.com

cccmedia wrote:

“Shopping is not a hobby.” 
  -- Daisy the Wanderer, founder of www.simplicityrelished.com

Great link, CCC!

Time to put your foot down with a firm hand.

cccmedia wrote:

The work goes on.

The cause endures.

The hope still lives.

-- Senator Robert F. Kennedy

1980? Hardly - RFK was assassinated in 1968.

El_Jost wrote:
cccmedia wrote:

The work goes on.

The cause endures.

The hope still lives.

-- Senator Robert F. Kennedy

1980? Hardly - RFK was assassinated in 1968.

Good catch, El Jost.

Longtime Kennedy watchers will note that I got my Kennedy brothers mixed up.

It was Senator Ted Kennedy I was quoting, and it was at the 1980 Democratic National Convention.

I have now corrected my original post to credit the late Ted Kennedy (1932-2009).

cccmedia

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR