Want to introduce myself

Hello All: Am new to this forum, so thought I'd say "hello" Just returned from a one-month stay in Ecuador, with an eye toward retirement there in the next year. We are from Southern California. Spent most of our time in Cuenca last month, which we loved. Met many very nice ex-pats who were super friendly and helpful in our transition. We are now back in California trying to figure out how to unravel everything (house, furniture, business, family,medical care, etc)here for our move to Cuenca.
Look forward to chatting with many of you on this forum, as our metamorphosis continues.

Welcome on Expat-blog drtony! :) Do not hesitate to participate on other discussions on the Ecuador forum. ;)

Best of luck
Christine

Hi.  I'm looking to relocate with my better-half to Cuenca or Vilcabamba and live there to write and to fulfill my lifelong ambition to live abroad in a locale that permits me to live on a retirement income. I like the idea of living in the Andes (low humidity) but close enough to the Pacific to be able to spend a weekend or longer there to lay in the sun. Any suggestions from fellow expats who had the same dream?--Dave

Hey All!! Just wanted to say hi. I have been living in Quito since July 2010. If you are new in town and have questions, just ask. I have learned a few things the hard way and might have some good advice for you!! Quito is great and the culture and people are amazing. Hope you enjoy your stay here, it really is a gorgeous country!!!

Dr. Tony;

Come for a visit to our wonderful area of the coast.
Vista Pacifica, our USA standardized Pacific coast development is coming along nicely, we have your "other" retirement area ready.....;-)

All the best.

Larry

Larry, may I remind you that advertisement is not allowed on the forum ? thanks for your comprehension

Julien;

Sorry about that and it wont happen again. Thanks for the kind reminder.

All the best.

Larry

Julien;

I emailed you a few days ago asking what types and styles of advertisement you offer, so I may try to advertise with you to support this web site and forum. To date I have yet to receive a response? Did you receive my request for information? How do I go about advertising on Expat-blog?
Thanking you in advance.

Larry

Good day.  I am a Canadian who has moved down to Quito to finish the new Airport being built NE of Quito.  I have been in Ecuador for three weeks and I am loving it here.  The scenery, the people I have met and the overall beauty of the country makes me happy with my decision to come down here.  I unfortunately had to leave my wife and son back home but we Skype most nights and that will do for now.  I am looking to met new friends and other expats who have been here for awhile and can show me around this beautiful country.  My family will be coming down to visit and I want to show them as much as I can in the short time they will be here.  Please contact me if would like to play tour guide, I have a company truck and no limits on where I can go, except that I have to be back at work every Monday morning.  Thank you and I look forward to meeting some of you.

John