How to select an apartment for rent in San Miguel

Color me jealous. I only wish I could move in October. It will be October 2019 for me. Interestingly though, I am going to SMA this October for another visit. And yes, I do get to PDX occasionally and coffee sounds great. Stay in touch.
Philip

It  is  better  going  direct  with  apartment  owners  who  do  not  charge  exorbitant fees.  Local San Miguel  de Allende natives  will  only  require  rent  and  security  deposit  equal to the rent.  For example  if the rent is $400  US  you   will  pay  a deposit of $400  for  a total  of $800.  Many local native owners  will also provide the  utilities  as part of the rent provided you do not abuse  over use of the utilities.  Realtors have hidden charges and fees so the choice is yours. Barrio Tecolote is a community of many expats and locals.  If you're seeking to live in an upscale pricey area,   this is not for you. If you're seeking low rent and low expenses, then this is it. It is not  So Ho in Manhattan or  Cobble Hill in Brooklyn.  But  it is  a great community  where the locals embrace  expats  with warmth.  It is  a  15 minute walk to the  Jardine  area and it has great  mom and pop tienditas, panaderias, mercados and other essential home goods shops.  Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thank you! I had the same question!

Sounds like my kind of plan!

Tricica Diaz