Book club

Hello all, is anyone interested in starting a book club, we can agree on a book, read it all together and discuss here, anyone for that? Mainly English books

Yes, a great idea, let's try it. When do we start?

Count me in

i am in. I prefer Non fiction though

Perfect, I am currently starting to read "before we met" by Lucie Whitehouse, if it's ok with you let's go ahead, or suggest other books and we can also keep a log of all suggestions to do them when we finish :-) this is fun :-)

Can you also suggest some non fiction books?

For non fiction my latest was The power of intention by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. I enjoyed discovering the facts that it was all my own intentions which brought me where I am today. A good read:)

I also have a small library of some nice paperbacks again mainly non-fiction so if someone keen to borrow and read I am more than happy.

Hello Nyehia

In which city are you in? Where will the Book Club meet?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Yes I think that's a good idea and would love to be apart of it.

I am in 6th October, Egypt, I think due to this site bringing people together from all over the world, maybe we can have online chats, if you have a better suggestion, please do so, what do you think the category of books should be? I am currently reading "before we met" and enjoying it v much, the start a bit slow but gets better and better :-)

I too will prefer online chats or discussions as such traffic between my two offices in maadi n october takes most of my road fun n more than this won't be easy

I'm a non fiction reader n I'm keen to hear about before we met

Also share last non fiction u read

deal with Before we met, i'll start with it today, thank you Nyehal so much for your great idea :D

Anytime, it's great to meet people who enjoy a good book :-)
I don't read a lot of non fiction, I do enjoy however books that Make me think, the last one that really got me captivated was called "the time keeper" by Mitch Album, it is mainly about how different people with different circumstances view time, very interesting read, hmmm, let me think, I think one of the non fiction I read recently was " سر المعبد" sorry it's in Arabic :-) was quite interesting as well, very open to suggestions of non fiction to try after this book :-) I have a huge backlog of books to read but can put it first if all agree to discuss :-)

Just finished it, interesting read, not the best book I've read bit nice interesting thriller :-) should I wait for anyone to discuss before I jump into another book?

Hi Neyhia
I would love to join your book club  count me in
Regards. Lynne

Hi
As we are all in Egypt why not start with something historical. I have met many Egyptian people who really donot know much about their history. I am sure most expats would love to read, learn and enjoy the history of Egypt

I'd love to join specially if we're gonna read something Philosophical or Psychological!
I have a lot of books to recommend if you are interested in the main genre!

Hi I think it's a great idea but I don't know how I would get the books as live in a remote area

Have you started your book club yet ?  If so what book are you reading
Lynne

I agree but discuss it face to face

It's too hard arranging meet ups face to face on line discussions are better or via skype

I like the idea.

It seems like everyone likes the idea but do nothing about suggestions or starting

Has the book club started yet?

This looks interesting! I'm already in a bookclub, but it would be exciting to join another one with people from different cultures! :)

I'd prefer meeting face to face though, in order to exchange thoughts and discuss better, maybe even get to know each other better :)