Student Visa in Krabi

Hello hello!  I am looking for advise from someone who has experience with getting a visa in Krabi.  I am leaning towards an ED visa, but don't wish to take a language class-- I am open to taking a different focus, such as cooking or art, but not sure how that would work out.

Has anyone successfully used a company to apply for an ED visa? If so, which one-- ideally located in Krabi.

I'm also interested in pursuing private lessons, but how does that work with applying for the ED visa?

Thanks for your time and advice!

Hi,

Getting a ED visa is pretty easy right now. The key words there are RIGHT NOW. things could change at any time. From what I know, there hasn't been a crack down on the ED visas yet. There are places out there where you can sign up, pay your fee, you get your visa and you never have to take one class. Just keep in mind that if your have a ed visa that still doesn't legally allow you to work in Thailand. Of course, like all things here. That doesn't always matter.

As of right now the tourist visa situ is still a possibility as well. We haven't heard of anyone getting denied, just maybe have to pay 500-1,000 baht at the border. I've heard Laos right now is the best place to try that out.

Good luck!

redshoes27 wrote:

Hello hello!  I am looking for advise from someone who has experience with getting a visa in Krabi.  I am leaning towards an ED visa, but don't wish to take a language class-- I am open to taking a different focus, such as cooking or art, but not sure how that would work out.

Has anyone successfully used a company to apply for an ED visa? If so, which one-- ideally located in Krabi.

I'm also interested in pursuing private lessons, but how does that work with applying for the ED visa?

Thanks for your time and advice!

You can't get an ED Visa in Thailand so it would have to be in local Asian country if you are actually in Krabi now.

A minimum number of hours study is required on a recognised course. Not private lessons.

Course wise, can't help much there, Thai boxing is one, studying Buddhism is another. Cooking?

BTW What visa are you on now? How old are you? Maybe there is another option open to you.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm under 30 and currently have a tourist visa.

redshoes27 wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

I'm under 30 and currently have a tourist visa.

Are you on a double entry visa? You can try to get another tourist visa which would give you 180 days here with extensions. I've heard from many people that their still giving them out. Getting a ED visa is of course an option but I don't know how long you have to apply before your current visa runs out.

You have option of Tourist Visa 2-3 entry (60 day), extension every entry by 30 days at Immigration.

You have option of study, some school do have private lesson, but not all.

What option for ED-Visa/Extension in you area, you have to go look for your self.
Not that many place to study muay thai, and the one in Bangkok i read about some years ago, was 5 days a week 3 or 4 hours a day.
I have read a lot about study cooking, but never seen any information about a school that grant ED-Visa / Extension, so i do think it is few school / place.
Remember they have to be approve by M.O.E before be able to give ED-Visa / Extension.

After the crack down, there is a lot more control for people study. Like test every 90 day at Immigration before get new 90 days Extension, test at M.O.E once a year, to keep studying. Student have to leave Thailand once a year, have to attendance 75-90% and so on.

So if you chose study option (ED-Visa / Extension) be sure you do study. Or you might end up like some other here, that you Extension get cancel.