Living in Sadara Las Dunas

Anyone out three is working for Sadara and living in Las Dunas?

I'm waiting on my visa and should be allocated to Las Duans but need to know more about the compound and the availability there.

Hello ashfromcanada

Hope that somebody soon will be able to help you.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Ash

I arrived at las dunas yesterday and assuming you are still around. If so any chance of a coffee and a run down of things around here?

B14 is where I am

Jon

I'm actually still back home in Canada just finalizing my visa papers.

how is it there? are you with your family? is the compound busy?

Ash

I arrived yesterday and am not with a family. But what I can tell you from my limited experience so far.

In terms of busy, not that I have seen yet but people have been at work and with the best will in the world I was asleep by 7:30 last night so did not head out to introduce myself to people.

The housing is pretty decent and my one bed apartment is decent sized (downstairs is open plan kitchen living area, sofa for three and two chairs, dining table, etc (kitchen itself a tad small)). Upstairs (more of a mezzanine) is again decent sized and bathroom is okay and I have a small balcony. But basically I am happy with it and would assume family accommodation is larger and equally nice.

Mine came fully furnished. Only things missing that is a tad annoying are tea towels and adapters. I have been given a load of appliances that come with three prong plug and nearly all the plugs are two prong ones (I was given two adapters and happened to have two with me but that is not enough)

I had a wander earlier to check out the facilities and there is a main "clubhouse" (that is what they call it but it is really the central building). Facilities seem okay and are (in this building):

- cafe/restaurant. Pretty basic offering and I have only had a wrap so far and it was cheap and tasty. But I expect better places out and at home.
- a gym which I plan on going to shortly but did have a look and it is well stocked with equipment. Also a squash court at the edge of the gym.
- a pool for relaxing around and having a dip in also comes with a kiddies pool. The cafe serves here
- a DVDs and book library
- a basic salon and spa
- offices and reception and a conference room

In another part of the compound is a pool for doing laps in, tennis courts and a basketball court. Think there is also a kids play area.

Looking at the layout I think there are around 200 units half for families and half for bachelors.

So far the staff are friendly but I am yet to meet any of the residents.

Hope that was helpful. If I find out anything else of note I will let you know

Yes that was helpful and I guess you are with Aramco, right?

I'm going to work wit Sadara ( a child company of Aramco and Daw)

I will be brining my family but after I land which I think will be first or second week of May so I will for sure find you.

By the way my full name is Ashraf and I'm an an IT guy wil be working as an IT manager there.

Ash

Yep, I work for Aramco (well first day on Sunday) and please do say hello (having just arrived I know I want to chat with someone!)

I am in B14 and am sure reception can give you my number (noticed the mods sensibly do not want us giving out contact details)

Jon

Hi, Jon

Just seen your post. Ill be travelling to Las Dunas - Villa B38 on Monday the 8th June. I dont get there till late in the evening but it would be good to meet up if you are free soon after and catch up about life in Saudi now that you are a seasoned expat!
Im working for Saudi Aramco as a mechanical engineer and coming over on Batchelor status.

Cheers

Kevin Anderson

Hi Guys,
My name is Ahmad. I have been reading your posts. I am joinin Sadara early next month. Wanted to know if we maybe can meet and get introduced :)