Adoption

Hello.  Have any expats adopted from Ethiopia?  I am interested in anyone who has any information thanks Aveda

I can tell you everything but i need to know more about you - are you or your partner Ethiopian. If neither are you are Ethiopian it will not be possible - currently Ethiopia has a ban on international adoption. If one of you are Ethiopian life gets very easy.

There is no band if living here as a resident in Ethiopia. I am not Ethiopian. Just wanting some contacts.  Can you help me? How can we hook up if you can? thanks aveda

yes ofcource expats do adopt from Ethiopia but I think there are certain requirements that need to be met yet its still lenient to adopt a child from Ethiopia especially if u find one with his guardians willing to give it a way due to there various incapacity to raise the bairn or in other cases a child with no parents or in An orphanage or something any. Ways if uv the intending to adopt one u can contact me on 0922743950 that's my mobile cheers

Ethiopia has NOT closed out International adoption. None Ethiopian still do and are able to adopt from Ethiopia, the screening is very detailed and the overall process is very difficult (but what is not difficult that is good). There are many expats including myself have adopted some domestically and some using International adoption agencies. Depending on your origin, if you come from country that has license agencies, then Ethiopia government (not sure how firm they are currently) but requests that you use an agency, even if you live here. But if you come from country that has no agencies licensed in Ethiopia to process adoption, then you are technically qualified to adopt domestically.   The hardest things is actually finding trustworthy orphanage that could work with you to identify child in need within your age, gender and other aspects of the child and your desire and hope. Well, know it is possible; one place/office to visit and ask some questions is the Ministry of Woman and Social Affairs (federal one in Addis assuming you are in Addis).   I might be able to answerer some specific questions for you, though not always fond communicating much in this site, since there some who seem not to make sense.