Many questions prior to the big move

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are enjoying our honeymoon in Abu Dhabi ahead of his big move here on Jan 1st, 2015. He has taken a position as head coach at the Abu DHabi Yatching and Sailing Club. Don't ask me any sailing questions, I don't know the first thing about it. I was born in Canada in December, my sport is skiing.

As you can imagine, like all potential expats, we have tons of questions and no one to ask. For starters, I would love to join him and am looking for a physician position in AD. I have a few leads but if there are any doctors on here who would be willing to have their brains picked, I would love to chat with you. Where are the best places to work? What salary can I expect? What does the contract stipulate? Anything else I should know?

We are also flat hunting since hubby's job does not come with accomodation. We had a disastrous visit to a flat found on dubizzle yesterday. If you have any advice for us or know of someone vacating a great studio/one BDR, we'd love to hear from you as well.

We do have a dog, in France at the moment. We haven't seen too many around and are wondering how that would go down with the locals. I saw signs for doggy trash on the Corniche, so I guess she'd be allowed there if she came along. Any other places that she'd be able to go to for exercise?

Thanks so much,

Cathy (and Lionel)

Hello, I guess my topic didn't get posted, that's a bit of a bummer.

My husband is moving to AD on Jan 8th, 2015, starting a new job at the Sailing Club in Breakwater. He's looking for accommodation nearby (Corniche Beach, Al Khalidiyah, TCA or Al Mushrif) a studio or one bedroom or even shared accommodation if someone has similar working hours.

I hope to join him at the end of the year. My contract as a physician runs to Dec 31st, 2015. If there are any doctors on the forum, preferably ER or GP, I'd love to pick your brain. What about that USMLE exam, eh? I'm thinking of doing that before the big move so I have HAAD licensing before I arrive. What about potential employers, any leads? I'd love to hear from you.

Happy holidays to all the expats out there!

Cat