Don't people deserve Saudi Citizenship after spending 70 years ?

So it's been a long time of 70 years , my parents and grandparents moved to Saudi Arabia !

My dad is working in the Ministry of Defense , served the country in the Gulf War in 1991 !

People gave a lot to this country ! Don't we deserve the Saudi Passport ?

I wanna know if any expats luckily got the passport ?

Please share some suggestions , some stories !

Should I try applying since I myself have completed 21 years and born here !
My parents stayed 65 years !

Hi

i know a lot of people like you their parents and grandparents worked in KSA and gave it a lot but they didn't have the Saudi passport and their children still non Saudi

you can try to apply for Saudi nationality but i think it's impossible and you will waste your time, if you want my advice apply for Bahraini nationality it's near to KSA and it's easier to get it

The hard matter of fact is that while most western countries will allow foreigners to come settle in their country the so called  "muslim/arab brethren" do not allow immigration.

Well i met a guy in makkah, his family got the nationality. His parents moved to saudia some 50 years ago from Pakistan. There is a family in khobar who also got it, but i dont know them directly. There are handfull of cases who got it and plenty of them still waiting. I guess nobody knows the process. Keep applying through your parents and pray.

Otherwise Bahrain is not a bad option. If you had spent that much time there, you would be a national there.

Keep praying and wait for Allah pak blessings.

There is NO inate right to citizenship in any country in the world, except either by birth (jus soli), blood line (jus sanguinis) or a combination of both. Citizenship in every other circumstance is always at the discretion of the immigrations authorities and nationality laws of each country.

While in many countries around the world there actually are RIGHTS for Permanent Resident Status, not all even have that. Citizenship/Nationality is ALWAYS optional on the part of the country.

Saudi Arabian Citizenship System

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

live.ali wrote:

The hard matter of fact is that while most western countries will allow foreigners to come settle in their country the so called  "muslim/arab brethren" do not allow immigration.

Do not allow immigration?

Abdid wrote:
live.ali wrote:

immigration
ɪmɪˈɡreɪʃn/Submit
noun
the action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country.

live.ali wrote:
Abdid wrote:
live.ali wrote:

immigration
ɪmɪˈɡreɪʃn/Submit
noun

I know what the word means. I'm responding to your comment that "muslim/arab brethen do not allow immigration". Name them?

Abdid wrote:
live.ali wrote:
Abdid wrote:

immigration
ɪmɪˈɡreɪʃn/Submit
noun

I know what the word means. I'm responding to your comment that "muslim/arab brethen do not allow immigration". Name them?

All GCC except Bahrain to begin with.

live.ali wrote:
Abdid wrote:
live.ali wrote:

immigration
ɪmɪˈɡreɪʃn/Submit
noun

All GCC except Bahrain to begin with.

There is a difference between not allowing, and being restrictive/difficult.

The West is suffering due to the ease & softness of their immigration, hence immigration is becoming a big topic there and calls for rules to be toughened.

All GCC except Saudi Arabia and Kuwait allow Permanent Residency and also do offer Citizenship !

I have friends , who have spent 15-20 years in Oman , Qatar , UAE and also Bahrain and they have got the Citizenship !

It's just Saudi Arabia , that has this problem !

Once I was in the airport , saw a foreigner with a Saudi Passport , she was married to a Saudi national , waited 3 years , and Bingo , she has the Citizenship , when there are kids who were born here and all their life here and still have a identity crisis !

And there are foreigners who came long back , and still are ruled as Expats !

I guess they are more Saudi then the foreign woman who marries a Saudi and gets the citizenship with the swish of a wand :P

To the OP; I think it's more complicated than just being born to parents who lived here for a long time. Saudi bloodlines tend to go back much, much farther than just one generation.