Help?

My family just received a letter from a little girl we sent a shoebox to. It was for Operation Christmas Child; they (Samaritan's Purse) distributes the shoeboxes full of needed things for children around the world. The shoebox we packed went to a little girl in Benin. We would like to reply to her letter, but need help with the address. Also do the people in Benin write their first or last name first? And lastly, I think, what does opheline mean?

Thank you

is an enzyme that catalyzes the chemical
reaction.
do you mean Benin city Nigeria or Benin Republic???

2star wrote:

is an enzyme that catalyzes the chemical
reaction.
do you mean Benin city Nigeria or Benin Republic???

Could you please explain the first sentence of your post. It seem to have no relevance to the OP.

I am sorry about the misunderstanding; Benin the republic. I searched for Benin and did not notice that I ended up under Nigeria.

samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/

This is the link that explains the shoeboxes. It is something that we have been doing, as a family, for several years now. This is the first time that we received a reply from one of the recipients and we would really like to send her a letter.

Basically, people from all over the world fill a shoebox with items for a child. We then send it to the nearest Samaritan's Purse warehouse. The boxes are then distributed to needed areas around the world. This particular box my then three year old daughter helped pack it with hard candy, school supplies, a toy, blanket, a pillow and a stuffed animal. I hope I explained it clearly enough.

the blog poster said what is the meaning of  Opheline ??? so my first sentence defined it ... thanks

Opheline can also be the first name of the little girl, it comes from the Greek "Ophelia"

ohhh cool... different meaning but I guest your answer matches the blogger post... thanks we all learn every day ... my own definition was best to my knowledge.. thanks

Her name is Koffi Sebio Godwine Eunice. I'm not too sure if Eunice or Koffi is her first name. Any ideas?

Her letter was written in French and translated the one sentence reads "I opheline of father I am home (Je suis opheline de pere, Je suis d'origine Benineise, J'ai Gans)

She did give us a telephone number, but since none of us can speak French past la cafe we wanted to send her a letter instead. We are having trouble trying to figure out the return address though. There are two different ones; one one the back of the envelope and another one at the end of the letter. Both seem incomplete. Is anyone familiar with the Benin mailing system?

Thanks