Moving to China

What is the most difficult aspect about being an American and moving to Beijing?

Do u speak Chinese? Except that the food, the air ...and many liars...but also many nice people. If u r looking for an adventure, China is totally different from America .

Seth_b66 wrote:

What is the most difficult aspect about being an American and moving to Beijing?

The most difficult aspect for many (not just yanks) is to accept that different cultures/societies have different ways of doing things.

Remember you are a guest and don't try to compare everything with the ways things are done at home.

The poor air quality...it is quite shocking really.  Other than that you really have to be open to the way things are done in China. That goes for any country really and do your best to adapt.
When in Rome.... :)

Unfortunately I do not speak mandarin. I am making a trip up there in a week and wanted to get some tips for my trip.

Thanks!

[Moderated: No free ad]

I think it is finding the house, I suggest you start as early as you can.

Seth_b66 wrote:

Unfortunately I do not speak mandarin. I am making a trip up there in a week and wanted to get some tips for my trip.

Thanks!

Seth hi if your trip includes a Tuesday evening come and say hi.

We meet up every Tuesday evening. Normally 30 - 80 people a mix of English speaking people. All accents accepted Chinese, European, American, whatever.

Contact me for details or look at the Beijing networking thread.

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : No free ads allowed on the forum + register your business in the business directory of the website
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct