Murder of Expatriates in Angeles City, Philippines

What are your thoughts on the murders last month of the expats in Angeles City?  The photos of the suspect shows him with various guns.  Is it getting that bad that expats will have to worry about being killed over computers?  Or an isolated serial killer that we hope won't repeat?

With 4 filipino's also being killed, I believe there is more to the story than is being told. I read this on a phil paper about 3 or so weeks ago when it happened, and still think there was some bad blood somewhere in the relationship, and afterwards, decided to take some loot.
   Just my opinion..
Kenneth

No, the dude was off his rocker. He befriended the couples and then he decided to kill them. The last couple there was a slight altercation with the wife and assailant, but that was because this guy was twisted. He used to date the daughter, but he physically abused her and the mother stopped him from dating her. So it is also part retaliation as well as robbery. The guy is from a well to do lifestyle and was spoiled. He was not rich, but he was used to having his own way of doing things.

Thanks for the post.  I've since read atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/LH17Ae01
which wasn't encouraging for us and unfortunately others who might consider retiring in the Philippines and investing in the country.  I consider the Bus Hijacker a mental thing as well, but albeit tragic.

Also more information on this subject on harrythehorse.com in the may-july posts.

On behalf of my dear country, I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies to all who are frightened and somehow affected by the murders that took place and the hostage drama.

Not all Filipinos are ruthless and this kind of tragedy happens almost everywhere. It's really a matter of finding the right people to deal with and pre-cautionary measures are supposed to be considered.

I know several expats (mostly Americans) and I noticed two things. Its either they don't trust anyone or they trust easily and without reservation.

I think there is a need to balance things, do not be rude or act superior but do not be too careless about the people you deal with and you mingle with.

Just a thought....Hope this helps.

Jenny

Hi all

I knw that crime is happening every where and i am presently just wants to inform all of you that i am an indian who has filipino fiancee and 2 kids and wants to relocate in Philippines . If anybody of you can help me to find any good consultant who can offers some job in Philippines i will be very greatfull to you all.......

LOL, what's with the fuss?? events like this happen everywhere, and not only in the philippines. Even in the U.S. some filipinos are murdered by some psychopath americans just because they are filipinos..

Bad things (murder robbery rape etc) happen everywhere even in New zealand were I have lived for 35 Years a lot of Homeinvasions are commonplace not to mention rapes!Yes I am afraid the Human race is pretty disgusting!So were to Live and be ravaged By a Nutter?Anywere it will be the same !Don't trust anybody or trust them all?

hi all,

i am from angeles city and i heard that "murder" thing.... it's an isolated case and does not reflect the security issue in general. the perpetrator was in jailed already with the help of his father..the authority was able to locate and put him in jail...

I can say that its an isolated case and does happen anywhere in the world...it's not something we would like to hear though especially here in the Philippines.my condolences

i have lived in makati for 11 years and visit angeles frequently where i have a small business - perhaps i have been lucky but i have not experienced or witnessed any violence at all in either makati or angeles and have also not bee the victim of theft - i feel quite safe and as i am in the entertainment business i frequently walk outdoors quite late at night - however as there are many poor and needy people in the philippines one should be reasonably cautious of ones possessions at all times