English to Vietnamese translation

About gas main construction notice to community - fairly simple explanation (not technical;about 800English words)... {looking4translator reachable via Internet

There is Ha Noi Translators in Quan 1.

They are located on the corner of Nguyen Du and Pasteur.

Thank you - except, I am in Japan... and don't know how to reach them (unless via Internet) even if I were in Vietnam since I am not familiar with Hanoi (I assume from name they are located there)...

BTW email the Hanoi Translation listed with US Embassy - is not working...

BennyWaKobe wrote:

BTW email the Hanoi Translation listed with US Embassy - is not working...

So what? Ha Noi translators, in Quan/District 1,Ho Chi Minh, are still very active.

Lists supplied by the US Embassy/consulate aren't exactly up to date.

OP: Try -
Expertrans, Tokyo

Ok thanks for advice! Yes, US embassy is not useful! Thanks again for advice :)!

BennyWaKobe-san, I'm sure you have your reasons why you want to get the translation done here in VN. I would think however that with the large population of Vietnamese in Yokohama and the surrounding areas that you would be able to find somebody qualified there. Just a thought.

Thanks Bud - my thoughts exactly on Monday... but NoGood; seems no real community hereabouts! I checked my Kobe friends on Wednesday; no dice either! Seems there is a community in Saitama, near factories... 2 hours by train just to get there! Anyhow thanks for your thought!

Hello, I'm an accredit translator and a teacher of English. I hope we have a chance to work together. You can email me via [email protected]. Thank you.

You are (presumably) an accredited translator......

BennyWaKobe wrote:

Thanks Bud - my thoughts exactly on Monday... but NoGood; seems no real community hereabouts! I checked my Kobe friends on Wednesday; no dice either! Seems there is a community in Saitama, near factories... 2 hours by train just to get there! Anyhow thanks for your thought!

Hmmm, I would think you could get a few contacts in Chinatown, but maybe not. Here's the address and some contact information for the VN Embassy in Tokyo:

Vietnam Embassy in Japan

+ Address: 50-11, Motoyoyogi-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151, JAPAN
+ Phone: (813) 3466 3313; 3466 3314; 3481 6354; 3466 3311
+ Fax: (813) 3466 3391; 3466 7652; 3466 3312
+ Email:  [email protected]
+ Website: http://www.vietnamembassy-japan.org

It's a small place but well staffed and the folks used to be really helpful, don't know now though, last time I was there was 8 years ago. Your best bet is to go there. They used to not answer e-mails in less they recognized the sender and calling is a little hit and miss, but then again that was 8 years ago.

Tuyen Dang wrote:

I'm an accredit (sic) translator and a teacher of English (sic).

Heaven help his students.

Maybe I can teach Vietnamese at this rate?

Thank you - just found someone with the right technical background for this job... thanks anyhow!

Check your pm for my email address, BenyWaKobe!
I'll do it for free if it's for good purposes serving community, especially Vietnamese community.

Thank you everyone!! :)

Thank you about the info about the Viet Nam Embassy in Japan also!

Sorry for my spelling mistake  :shy  . I mean I am an 'accredited' translator. Tks anyway, Jaitch .

eodmatt wrote:

You are (presumably) an accredited translator......

Thank you for your correcting.

Oops!! I am an American (been in Yokohama too long?!) and I make flubs! Too {2?} "about" [this "about" is a Japanese-ism meaning "too fuzzy" or "not very observant"] I was... "Thank you about the info about the Viet Nam Embassy in Japan also!" => Thank you about the info concerning the Viet Nam Embassy in Japan also!" :P
ANYHOW, THANK YOU ALL! MUCH APPRECIATED (Gosh, I don't sound too American...)!