Engineering degree for females?

Guyz,
Does anyone have any idea if an expat's child can take admission in a Saudi University? If yes, then is the engineering degree in the Kingdom valid outside? Will be glad if anyone can enlighten me on this.  :)

yes it's valid, why wouldn't it be? - they usually do an assessment of the degree that's done outside of their country to match the country's requirement for that degree.. sometimes 2/3 classes are different and may be required to be taken.

the only degrees that become questionable outside of the kingdom are things like medical degrees

Sanvada,

If you have been following 'female induction in engineering' topic being debated in newspapers in Saudi Arabia,King Abdul Aziz University was the first to open its doors for Saudi females in 2012 with a promise to allow expat females in the following year, they best bet would be to contact universities nearest to you and find out the latest rules.

Answer to the second part of your question, engineering graduates  from UPM University of Minerals and Petroleum Dhahran (of Indian and Pakistani origin) have been hired by multinational corporations in KSA.

If your daughter is planing to pursue her engineering carrier in India (or outside gulf region), I advise the you get her admitted at a university of 'international ranking', and nearest is Qatar and Bahrain.

My honestly feel that Saudi environment does not equip a female engineering student, in terms of exposure, knowledge and confidence to face the challenges of the outside world and you must make every effort to find her an opening outside KSA. :one