Working in Tunisia

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any Americans living and working in Tunisia.

How was it like to move from the US to Tunisia?  How did you find living here? Do you think it is a good idea for an American to settle down in Tunisia? Is it true that if an American works here, he/she has to go back to the US for like a year? Do all international companies pay well for American workers?

Thanks and have a nice day!

OK so, its not a " bad " idea to move to Tunisia. The cool thing about the people here is that they love tourists  , or in your case people from another continent.
If you are an American citizen, I believe with your american passport, you can stay in Tunis or any other country for as long as you want...but when going back to the states, you kind of have to pay a small fee after a year of staying abroad. Make sure you ask Google to be sure. When it comes to the pay for international companies, I can only tell you that its way of a better pay then what an average job pays and average Jo in Tunisia..
Tunisia is great. The weather is awesome , the Mediterranean diet here is great as you may know. You're good taste in foods will increase by a high percentage. And your health will be surprisingly wonderful. Just know what to eat when and if you get here .

Glad to help
-omar

Oh thank you omar for the reply !! You're right about the weather and the food ;) thats exactly what my fiancé thinks ! he loved Tunisia so much that he is planning to move here :) He said that he felt sick when he get back to the US.

I only want to know if you have lived in the US so i can ask you this: Can i buy like fresh food in the US ( vegetables, fruits) and the kind of bread we have here without having to pay a fortune ? lol
and do you know any websites that sell Tunisian or Mediterranean seasoning and dressing?

Thanks again

I've lived in the States more than half my life. So I know if you can take in and out foods through to Tunis and from Tunis to america. We had "psisa" in our luggage,with its pungent scent , and it was fine.  I don't know about the pay amount though of what  you want to buy. (Walmart) is all around the States , its cheap there, so depends on where you are you can always find a store or a supper market that sells cheap foods. Always Google things....Google.com helps a lot. As for Mediterranean seasoning and spices, your best bet for cheap is (Amazon.com). Or like I said Google...it will also give you other good websites for good quality stuff....

Glad to help

Hello,

Thanks for the helpful info, it would be great if i can take Tunisian food with me to the States. There are things that i'm sure, i won't find there ;)

But back to my initial topic, i think that living in the states (Ohio) will give us the opportunity to come back in Tunisia once a year but settling down in Tunisia will make it harder for us (especially me) to go visit family there.

Yes. Tunisia is for visiting only in most cases. Ohio is a great state, so convince your partner to try and stay there . les pié dans l'eau in Tunis . ....nothing more.
As for your familly, if you miss them too much you can find a away to Skype with them. Hope they have internet , if not, a local publinette.
Glad to help out :D

OH MY GOD !! i can't believe you just suggested that my family doesn't have internet !!!! and i have to find a way to skype with them???????? And no Tunisia is not only for visiting !!!! Italians, French, English people are moving to Tunisia for good !!!! why should I leave my country????

I miss understood your last message ....oops....thought you said u can't stay in tunis

I said i love Tunisia and wish i could live here instead of moving to the States but we can't.

Lol. I got you! So, I just wish you only positive experiences and pure happiness!

I WILL !!!!!! You know why? because my parents like my fiancé and they are pleased with me :):)
Thanks anyway ;)

If you need any info....ask me any questions you like... :top:

Okay !! is it true that winter there is so bad that you can get frostbites???

It doesn't even snow here. But winter is different from the states' ..since there's the Mediterranean sea surrounding north and north east of Tunis ...it will be like living near the beach kinda weather . I doubt you ll get any frostbites. :top: