Anyone applied for 6 months tourist visa?

Hi folks,
I have friends who want to stay 6 months in Vietnam under tourist visa.
As I understand, they still need to have airfares to prove that they will go out of Vietnam within 21 days (for Filipino citizen)
Afterward, they can extend tourist visa in Vietnam.

If anyone applied for tourist visa in Hanoi, please let me know: where and how to apply, how much is the fee, waiting time.

I googled about this matter but it remains unclear so I want to ask if someone has actual experience.

Thank you!

As a member of an ASEAN country you are granted 14 or 21 days visa-free entry. Say nothing to the Immigration Officer upon arrival about extending your visa. He isn't interested and can't help you.

Then seek out a Travel Agency (from other Filipinos living in Ha Noi) with good prices and service. You should submit your passport shortly after arrival - after making a photocopy of your data and visa pages.

VN visa policies are always in a state of flux, presently the government policy is renewal in 3-month increments, officially.

Enjoy Ha Noi - winter is coming so make sure your accommodation has heating!

Thank Jaitch,

Is there any way to extend visa without a travel agency?
Like in Manila, I just go to immigration office and have it extended within one day.
Thanks!

Vietnamese Immigration Officers like to collect bribes. They will, usually, only accept bribes from VN Visa Agents (Travel Agents) who they can trust.

Just realised you are VNese - you could go down to Immigration and see of they will deal with you. The HCM office will deal directly with ordinary VNese when about Foreigner visas.

But Ha Noi ... who knows. Still, worth a try.

MeoMun Here's a agency in Hanoi you might want to check-out for your friend. The link has the contact info and some reviews:

http://tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/en/spot/382 … tour-hanoi