Why don't you come to Nanning?

Nanning (simplified Chinese: 南宁; traditional Chinese: 南寧; pinyin: Nánníng, Zhuang: Namzningz, meaning 'South Prosperity') is the capital of Guangxi autonomous region in southern China. It is known as the "Green City" because of its abundance of lush tropical foliage.

Transportation

Air
Nanning Wuxu International Airport
Rail
Further information: High-speed rail in China
In November 2008 construction of a high-speed rail line from Nanning to Guangzhou began, which will cut travel time between the two cities from 13 hrs to 3 hrs. The line is set to be 577 km long, of which 61% will be in Guangxi, and will allow trains to run up to 200 km/hr. It will be completed in four years and cost about 41 billion yuan(about 6 billion U.S. dollars), according to the Ministry of Railways. The goal is to better integrate Pan-Pearl River Delta and southeast China with members of the ASEAN
Food
Nanning has not only local cuisine but also food from other areas of China and abroad. Traditional food culture can be found around most streets of Nanning. Nanning food shares the style of Cantonese food and of Southeast Asia. Chinese cuisine including Guangdong, Szechuan, Hunan and Jiangsu as well as Japanese, Thai and Western cuisines can be found.

Rice noodles are very popular among the Nanning people. Laoyou rice noodles are the most famous, while other noodle dishes such as Guilin rice noodles and hand made noodles can be found.

Tourism
Nanning is close to scenic Guilin, with its world famous hillscape, northern and western Guangxi and its minority villages, and the border with Vietnam in the south.

In 1998 alone, the city received 26,260 overseas tourists, earning foreign exchange totaling US$7.0663 million, some 5.01 percent of the city's total income. An addition of 6.89 million domestic visitors brought RMB 3.23 billion yuan into the city, some 19.95 percent of the total.

The major tourist attractions in Nanning are as following:

Qingxiu Mountains Landscape (a park at provincial level)
Guangxi Museum
Guangxi Medicinal Botanical Garden
Liangfengjiang River Scenic Spot (a state forest reserve)
Phoenix Lake Holiday Site
Minorities Cultural Relics Center
Western Suburbs Zoo (including the country's largest Crocodile, Elephant,and Hippopotamus Enclosure)
Golden Scented-Tea Park (the country's largest base for golden scented tea seeds)
The Ruins of the Battlefield of Kunlunguan
Yangmei Ancient Town
Lingshui Hot Spring (a large constant hot spring)
Mingxiu Park
Daming Muntain
The Beiqiu ruins of Dingshishan Mountain (one of 1997's 10 Greatest Archaeological Discoveries in China.)

nobody interested in Nanning? Have you ever heard of Guilin? These two cities are in the same region...

It seems that few foreign friends are interested in Nanning....

Hi,
I'm thinking about Nanning, to come to study Chinese language there. I have been there once and I really liked the city, the weather, as I can't stand the cold and use to live in Vietnam,and it's much cheaper then the other places, probably Nanning is the place for me.
Do you know what is the cost of living there, the rent, food etc.? I would be looking for one bed and one living room apr. Every think you know, will be useful, as I can't find lots of people studying there.
Is there any possibility to work, some kind of students jobs, part time?
Thank you a lot!

Riana

Dear Riana,

Good day!

Thanks for your concern! Welcome to Nanning!

Regarding to your question, I would like to know which district will you live in? The cost of apartment will differ from different places and surroundings.You can enjoy different kinds of foods here, taste dishes either from North China and South China.Generally speaking,foods wont cost you much.

I am wondering if you come to China, are you as international student or employee? It should have chances for you to work in Nanning, maybe I can give you one hand!

Please get in touch with me through different ways:

MSN: [email protected]
QQ:411800167
Email:[email protected]

Awaiting your soon response!

Carl