Aussie guy

Hi ya people, from Brisbane Australia
Looking at living in Melaka or Penang areas in the near future
or to retire in this area.i am married and both of us love this part of the world and have travelled throughout SE Asia

Please look into how you can live long-term in Malaysia.  Probably Malaysia my Second Home is the only option and that has financial requirements.  www.MM2H.gov.my

Hi,

Do you aware of the MM2H program offer by Malaysia Government which allowed you to stay in Malaysia without needed to renew your visa every 90 days? The visa is valid for 10 years and it is renewable. Basically Penang and Melacca both is a good location to live but it is depend on what kind of living style you are looking for.

Regards

Donald

MM2H only way to now live in Malaysia. Immigration is too strict now.

Hi,

You may choose to stay in Malaysia without the MM2H visa provided you are willing to travel to nearby country for a day or 2 in order to renew the 90 days visit visa. It could be a bit of hassle but it is depend what do you preferred.

You may find out more info about MM2H on internet. The benefits offered is quite attractive. Also remember, the living cost in Malaysia is the strong factor for you to seriously consider the MM2H visa.

Regards

Donald

Unfortunately, immigration has changed and it is now not possible to do back-to-back visa runs. So when a person returns they are likely to get 14 days, for the next entry and it will be reduced to 3 days probably the next time. People now have to give legitimate reasons to live in Malaysia. That is why MM2H is becoming the only way to stay. The other way would be to own and run a business and get work permits. But that is rather a big hassle and even more expensive than MM2H.

Hi.

I agreed with your point.

Regards

Donald.

The same immigration constraints are also beginning to be applied for people who spend a couple of days to 1 week outside the country every 90 days. The news on the street is that the Eurpean system of allowing two entries per calendar year may be the next step forward. Without MM2H it would be best to be based in two locations and stay outside Malaysia for say 1-2 months between entries. Exactly where the pain threshold is right now, is difficult to predict as only feedback from people's experiences shows what exactly is happening on the ground. However, there have been many posts lately showing there is growing intolerance of people living casually in Malaysia. The country tends to follow UK immigration to a large extent. The developments in the UK have been very aggressive lately.