The chapel a21studio

There is a chapel called "The Chapel"
Located on the outskirts of HCMC it was designed and completed July of this year by a21studio. The chapel just won the years architech design. Does anyone know where this is? every link I find does not tell the location?

Good morning!
Here it is:
136 Street no.1, Trung Son Complex, Binh Chanh Dist.,
You go to Nguyen Van Cu St. to Trung Son Complex, turn left at the round about, you'll find it near the end of the bridge.

Good picture spread Studio A21 - The Chapel

The 2014 World Architecture Festival (WAF) has named building of the year A21 Studio's/The Chapel of Vietnamese architect Nguyen Hoa Hiep. The Chapel was also winner of the Small Project of the Year, Landscape of the Year and Future Project of the Year awards on 2013 October 3.

Check out the other projects they have Other Studio A21 Projects.

What a winner for VietNam!

Wouldn't happen in Ha Noi - they have a 'thing' against religion.

Scarletvn wrote:

Good morning!
Here it is:
136 Street no.1, Trung Son Complex, Binh Chanh Dist.,
You go to Nguyen Van Cu St. to Trung Son Complex, turn left at the round about, you'll find it near the end of the bridge.

We followed these directions and didn't find it. We went into binh thanh dist on Nguyen van cu. we ask around nobody knew of a street no 1. Could you help me out a little more?
Do you mean st D1 because there is no street no. 1. There is also many numbered hems. Is this in this district for sure or is it district 7?

The Truong Son 'Complex' is a new development and still under developer control. Street No 1 is sparsely developed - a lot of trees on one side of the road.

The Chapel is also called the Rainbow Chapel.

Hello,

I don't know why it's called Chapel. In fact, it's a coffee shop name Chapel.

You can check the location of it on Google map, here: https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx? … ;mkt=en-US

or it's coordinate: 10.732700,106.691550

or its FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Chapelcafe.vn

Scarletvn wrote:

I don't know why it's called Chapel. In fact, it's a coffee shop name Chapel.

or it's coordinate: 10.732700,106.691550

I'm glad some people are actually using their electronic goodies for this purpose. So much easier to locate than street locations.

The Chapel is more of a community centre and one of the included uses was for weddings. Seemingly the owner liked the multi-coloured drapes as it reminded him of church windows.

Architects Description:
Built to serve an urban ward with a lack of communal space, the 1,500-square-foot Chapel accommodates a variety of community activities, such as weddings and conferences, inside a simple, shed-like structure. To keep costs low, A21 Studio constructed the Chapel from a steel frame and metal sheets recycled from the property owner's previous projects. The architects painted the metal exterior white and added large straw-coloured fabric curtains to make the building stand out from its forested surroundings.

White paint also covers the walls and ceilings of the interior, however, the architects added wooden flooring and furnishings to give the Chapel a rustic feel. A white tree-shaped steel column supports the weight of the roof and further softens the Chapel's appearance. The colourful translucent curtains suspended over the entrance and backyard filter in natural light and evoke imagery of stained glass. (Source: Studio A21)

Thank you all for great responses and helpful info. Definitely great to have this forum to create useful threads for things such as places to see in vn and how to get there.