Holistic English School in Saigon?

I am a recently certified English teacher (I have the TESOL certification). I want to teach here in Saigon and I have interviewed at a few places (VAS and AMA), but they both seem to utilize a more traditional, quantitative approach when hiring or teaching students. I feel that teaching English should be approached in a much more holistic fashion, where the emphasis is on communicating with teacher and classmates to build relationships. I would not feel comfortable in the work environments presented by either of the centers I have visited, not to mention the fact that I would not feel good about what I do for a living, one of the larger benefits of teaching. Does anyone know of a holistically based English school in Saigon?

You must NOT be naive in Vietnam. Just teach whatever English opportunity is available to you. Hollistic does not exist here. Furthermore, English, Journalism, Chef, Climbing Wall??? Well, this is holistic, but you should narrow your field of professional interest - just focus on one thing at a time - keep it simple for yourself.

I had to find out what 'holistic schooling' was.

Holisitc Education for Teachers:FAQ

Wikipedia-Holistic Education

Sounds like Montessori on steroids. Should be able to charge even more than normal international schools.

Your Wall Climbing idea seems more feasible.

We now need an experienced native English teacher for 5 kids, 5-6 years old near Dam Sen park, Dist 11, Saigon.

Contact me 012 9876 8910 for more information

Best regards
Mr. Shy

PS. Native English teachers are interested in teaching in Saigon or Hanoi and want information about teaching service wanted there, just like this page and send a message to its inbox.
facebook.com/native.englishteacher.club.saigon.hanoi

Dear rwinn,

Although you have a certificate that allows you to teach "limited" English, you are not, truly, a "real" teacher and, therefore, you should really only adhere to the particular types of roles that you have qualified for in acquiring your particular certificate.

If you choose to teach "outside the box" within which you have more specific but limited training, you will need to accomplish this on your own, privately, because you are clearly not trained as a 4 or 5 year degree teacher is to teach more "holistic" or comprehensive English.

Fortunately, there are universally international systems in place throughout the world that prescribe to particular resources and approaches/strategies in using these resources in order to attain regulated goals. This is a positive because it offers more opportunity (not necessarily assuring) for instructional consistency among the thousands of individuals who receive only rudimentary classroom training. Unfortunately, the range and depth of English language development that is encouraged within Western schools and many private international schools does not characterize the format of English literacy competency that we often, more commonly, find in ESL settings.

You reveal yourself as being most enthusiastic about your current professional interests so that I would recommend for you to, perhaps, enroll into a formal teacher education training program either part time or full-time and then consider looking at school teaching jobs in your native country or, if still interested in teaching in a non-Western country, applying for (very competitive) positions at international schools.

Good luck with your quest.

@Mr. Shy  > please post your offer in the language teacher jobs in Saigon section. Thank you