Hi

I am a mum with two sons, a hubby and two businesses. A friend of mine lived in Poland for two years and pass on the website details, so here I am.

I am exploring the possibility of moving to Poland in order to expand my businesses and change our family life for the better.

Victoria

Excellent stuff.
You learn so much by moving to a new country, and if you can do a little business and gain a little profit - good luck to you.

Always welcomin new members.. :)

Welcome and good luck.  Living in a new country can be so exciting and challenging at the same time.

Bob K

Hi Victoriam,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I moved your topic to the Poland forum for better interction and visibilty.

Please don't hesitate to participate on the Poland forum if you need more information or help. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Hi Victoria,
Good luck if you decide to move, I have lived in Poland for two years (semi-retired), although I did work here for 3+ years in the late 70's.
I am also a Northerner, I was born in Middlesbrough.

Regards

Colin

Thank you, it's me skype ( amore6321)

Hi my name is Tim I live in the United States and I am trying to get in touch with some people in Poland to help me and my wife's business that just launched in Poland this month. It's a health and wellness company
And there is great potential with this company and I would love to tell you more about arbonne and how it's changed our life's
Thanks Tim

Hi everyone,
My name is Julia and i am moving to Krakow next moth.
A few tips on how to get in touch with movers who speak English and where it's best to look for apartments would be highly appreciated.
Have a wonderful eve everyone,
BR,
Julia

Hi Colin

What made you decide to move to Poland? How did you find the move? How have you connected with new friends? Polish and English?

VictoriaAnderson wrote:

Hi

I am a mum with two sons, a hubby and two businesses. A friend of mine lived in Poland for two years and pass on the website details, so here I am.

I am exploring the possibility of moving to Poland in order to expand my businesses and change our family life for the better.

Victoria

Hi Victoria.

Despite the fact that I was born in Poland (emigrated 25 years ago), I was in a very similar situation to yours. My husband (full-blooded Englishman lol) fell in love with Krakow and persuaded me to move.
We live here longer than 5 months and not a minute not regretted our decision.
If you still think about moving to Poland, Krakow is the city, which I recommended, although I originally come from Gdansk.
It is a beautiful city, good schools (including few English), the renowned university in Poland, beautiful surroundings, begins to be very international, the city council constantly organize something for residents (from firework with dragons, for children and street theaters to wonderful music events). Further: excellent restaurants, international menu, very nice people, amazing network of cycle paths, great public transport and parks, parks, parks. Television is also great, apart obvious Polish programs, English, German, French, Italian and even Russian.

There are also negative aspects: pollution, although in 2015 enters the European prohibition of heating with coal, therefore it will be much better and it doesn't equal the pollution in London. The right side of the traffic and the driver drive, I would say "boldly" lol.
Private medical insurance is not expensive but in my opinion, necessary but if you have one ...it is marvelous.
Wages are low and housing expensive, although living costs are ridiculously low.

That's enough of my advice. If you wish to ask for more information feel free to to ask and we hope to welcome you in Krakow.

Marzenna & Steve