Close

A day in the life ......

NO comment .. laughing a lot, but no comment

https://c4.staticflickr.com/1/414/31284281083_c450ca72e4_z.jpg

It is worth eating more healthy food. Eating pizza and KFC will make you fat or fatter. If you feel fat then it is probably of eating American fast foods. I embrace local food and rarely eat  fast food . Staying slim is best and you don't sweat all the time. Also, looking like a fat westerner in Asia is unattractive.

Paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork.
I hate pushing paper with a passion, but I still have a load to do.

Seriously, the number of trees that must have been chopped down over the last couple of years so I can give copies of the same document to the same agency a dozen times, and the same stuff to other related agencies at least once or twice is crazy.

Indonesia needs a central database accessible by all government agencies so all can see all appropriate documents at a glace.
I wonder if I should send the suggestion to Pak President's email address.

What a day.
We've all got a stomach bug of some sort, so we're all buggered to some level, my daughter being the worst.
My computer printer has been pumping out copies of the same stuff like crazy, 4 lots of exactly the same stuff, one for each level of the local admin in order to get my new KTP.
There goes another tree.
As luck has it I popped external ink wells onto my printer so at least the bumf is cheap to print.

My 2 year old is smartphone mad, especially taking video of whatever and playing it back; that and games.
He's got a run and jump thing that he's getting pretty good at and thing where you have to live by buying food and so on.
He hasn't got the hang of it yet, but he's working on it.
His latest word is "buy" as he goes through the game but he hasn't worked out the value of money yet ... sounds like my wife :D.

Many hours of queuing up, a medical, lots of paperwork and a bit of cash got me an extension to my SIM A yesterday, them I thought I'd improve the day by watch Logan at the cinema.
The queues waiting for the licence were preferable to film, a pathetic pile of total rubbish that substituted extreme violence and many killings by a 9 year old girl for decent acting and a script writer with talent.

I might well take a stroll into Jakarta tomorrow for election day.
I don't get a vote but I would like to take a look around so I can see for myself who is up to what.
If I don't post again after tomorrow, they got me.

My old S5 was a nice phone but it was getting a bit long in the tooth so I decided to buy a new C9 pro with 64gb on board memory, 6gb of RAM and I stuffed my 128gb micro SD in there until I can get a 256 one from wherever.
Most people have a good play with their new toys but I'm as nutty as a fruit cake so I always try the wild side.
This thing will do an OK google voice search from any screen so I thought I'd give it a go.
"What time is it?", and the thing told me the time.
"What time is it in London?", and the thing told me the time in London.

"Where can I find a prostitute in Jakarta?", and the thing directed me to a bunch of hotels and L.J. Hooker estate agents.

This site isn't built for adverting but this post is about recommending.
I booked a hotel with Agoda.com, one of the hotel discount companies but there was an issue when the family we were going with cancelled.
Ringing such companies tends to be a pain but not with these people.
The rep was quick and efficient, removing my headache without the slightest fuss - Fantastic stuff.

That said, I will now offer this brief advert for Agoda, suggesting posters seriously consider using them next time you book something, not because of price, they tend to average out about the same as the rest, but because their customer service makes like easy when a problem crops up.

I'm very pleased.

I'm terrifically handsome as anyone who has met me with testify to but I look really bad in my passport photo.
We all go new passports a short time ago but the photos are awful.
My wife looks like a bag lady, I look really old and my eyes look like I borrowed them from Fester Adams. My daughter looks like a meth addict but my son looks fine.
25% success rate but I'm most concerned about mine because anyone who sees it might not fancy me.

My life is unusual.
Normal people go for a walk and have chance meetings with old friends or Joe from just down the road, not me.
Yesterday's walk saw me meeting the ambassador of Myanmar, a bunch of asylum seekers from Afghanistan and a crazy dude being shifted by the cops because he was in the way of Obama's motorcade.
I try to live in the normal world but it just won't let me in.

There is one other thing I must mention.
The asylum seekers have nothing much but they asked me to sit with them as share their bread.
I was humbled.

Talk about a bad tech week.
Last Monday saw me plug in one of my Intel sticks only to see a little power light but no picture ~ seems Intel don`t repair them, simply replace under the guarantee. I switched to the cheap Chinese stick ~ dead as a dodo.
The other Intel stick still works fine but the software is a bit clogged up so that needs factory resetting to clean it up.
Last night my newish HP netbook died, that leaving me with a tablet only and that doesn`t have HDMI so I have no backup if the stick fails me.
I think I will go ad live in a cave with no tech at all.

What a cowing week!

The computers died so I ended up having to buy a new laptop as a stopgap to keep me working then, on the way home, the silly security guard from our place pulled out right in front of my car leaving me the choice of an emergency stop or slamming into him.
I'm unsure the stop was the best choice because a motorbike was far to close behind me so that slammed into the back smashing the bits of plastic attempt at a bumper.

No idea what that's going to cost but the daft guard can ruddy well pay for it.
I'm waiting until he denies it but the dashcam vid will sort that out.

I'd just let it go, I mean I wouldn't charge him for the repair. Indonesian security guards don't earn an awful lot compared to westerners Fred. Making him pay could easily take away a big chunk of his monthly salary, whereas it would be nicer to absorb the cost yourself. Plus, you'd surely piss him off which wouldn't be good.

A few months ago an Aqua delivery van swung open his back door and it banged the front of my car and made a chip in the paintwork. The guy asked me to call his boss who said to let him know the cost of the repair and that he'd deduct it from the guys salary. Of course I told him nevermind and to just tell the guy to be more careful in future.

Probably should but I'm really miffed at him. Maybe giving him a serious telling off will have to do in place of cash.

Went to KFC

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4354/35587352004_0b525c3a74.jpgIMG_9561 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/48794794[at]N06/]Indofred[/url], on Flickr

A chillin out sort of day with a nice chicken curry and some rock music at a volume that's going to register on the USGS computers as a minor earthquake.
Art exhibition in Jakarta tomorrow.

Waiting my Monday to finish, almost 8 pm and we are still in meeting room. Wonder if tomorrow they finally release my transfer letter, or the day after tomorrow or next week..,I have been waiting this “letter” more than a month and this letter had started to become a unicorn. Will my life change drastically when they let me move to capital city ? I promise in myheart to give my astor snack can to junior colleague when its time to move out

Expatriate health insurance in Indonesia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Indonesia

Moving to Indonesia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Indonesia

Travel insurance in Indonesia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Indonesia