Safety

Bonjour,

Je viens d'être recrutée pour travailler à Dar es salam, vers la région de Coco beach, Msasani Road, j'ai surfé sur internet et lu des articles concernant la hausse de criminalité dans la région. Je voulais avoir vos impressions à ce sujet car je commence à douter de mon projet de m'expatrier.

Vous sentez vous en sécurité? Est ce que vous même ou vos proches avez été victimes? Est ce que vous pensez que ce qu'on lit sur internet (cambriolage, vol à main armée, viol..) sont des faits isolés ou au contraire?

Merci d'avance pour vos retours

Helila B1 wrote:

Bonjour,

Je viens d'être recrutée pour travailler à Dar es salam, vers la région de Coco beach, Msasani Road, j'ai surfé sur internet et lu des articles concernant la hausse de criminalité dans la région. Je voulais avoir vos impressions à ce sujet car je commence à douter de mon projet de m'expatrier.

Vous sentez vous en sécurité? Est ce que vous même ou vos proches avez été victimes? Est ce que vous pensez que ce qu'on lit sur internet (cambriolage, vol à main armée, viol..) sont des faits isolés ou au contraire?

Merci d'avance pour vos retours

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH so that others can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice.
Thank you.

A lot depends on which suburb you live in or hang out in.  Where I live I walk home late after midnight alone without any worry.  It is the (ultra-) rich areas/suburbs that are less safe at night and at any time time when you are carrying a large bag   It is very manageable with good advice and care given your locality.

Hi Helila B1,

If you wish to post in french, here is the link to the Dar es Salaam francophone forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4598

Thanks

Priscilla :)

I've just been hired to work at Msasani Road, near Coco beach and was really excited to come at Dar es salaam but as I was seeking information, I read many testimonies about the increasing criminality and the lack of safety so that I have many doubts now about my project moreover I'm coming alone so I imagine that I will be making a lot of activity lonely. What made me fear the most is the increasing of housebreaking.

As you are living at Dar, what is your feeling about the safety for a single woman?

Thank you for your help

hi,

I live In Dar and read your message and you mentioned  a good music scene.. I have been here for 6 months and have not seen any live bands, African music or afro jazz. Please tell me what you know, as the scene is not easy to come across. Thank you.Lynn

Hi Lynn

I recently had a back injury and am suffering fro sciatica at the moment otherwise I wouldd be happy to immediately introduce you to somme of the night life.  When I am a little better, maybe in a couple of weeks I will be delighted todo so.

The trinity Club in Oyster Bay often has live music and is popular with expats. Also Thai Village sometimes. Just about every suburb has or is near to a club that has DJs and occasionally live music.  Alliance Francaise and Goethe Institute hold or sponsor music programs and I just came back from a major one in Bagamoyo.  Every Friday evening I get a an email from Zoom that gives 'what's on' around the country.

There are also tango, swing and salsa classes that hold dances occasionally.

You can email me direct on [email protected].

Big dance festival with international and local performers right now at Nafasi Art Space, Mikocheni - http://www.zoomtanzania.com/Dance-And-P … ival-99656