Awareness about Microfinance - Excellent Returns for society

Excellent Returns while being Socially responsible

We are a group of students at CEIBS doing our research on awareness about Micro-Finance in Shanghai among Expats. As part of the same group, we are looking forward to gauge the awareness about Micro-Finance among Expats through our survey.

surveymonkey.com/s/JMD2J6N

I would appreciate, if you can take out your valuable 1 minute to complete the survey. I assure you that the survey is fully anonymous and there is no personal information required. Please let me know if you face any problem or require further clarifications. Also, it would be kind of you if you can forward the survey link to your expat contacts in China.

Best Regards,

Lehana Singh
President - Media Club
Student Ambassdor, Vice President - International Club
China Europe International Business School
+86-15000-592214

Most effective method of Poverty Elimination from the world.[i][/i]

Perhaps most of people will see this topic as something related to charity. But they are also  being be-fooled by the proponents of the Charity.

There is a saying in Chinese - Give a poor man a fish and he will be happy for 1 day but teach a man to catch up a fish, he will be happy throughout life. But if we calculate the net economic value for the man to receive fish by charity, it is actually negative as he had lost his opportunity to learn to get out of poverty. Hence, Charity is actually doing negative to the society instead of doing positive.

We want to explore some alternative/innovative methods of making charities more effective in removing poverty. Micro-finance is one of the most effective solution which can be implemented practically. There is no other solution in vision as of now as practical and effective as Micro-finance in eliminating poverty. There is a greater need of bringing forward the concept of Micro-finance to the mainstream from backstage.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't live in Shanghai so cannot complete your survey but good luck with your Microfinance efforts.

I did quite a bit of research into this topic over the past few years and worked in Africa where we set-up a Microfinance partnership between commercial bank and two NGOs. I agree with you that this is the way forward. However, I also believe that it should not be limited to the innovative ways of  MFIs and charities offering microfinance. Microfinance is a first step in financial inclusion and as such it needs to be sponsored and endorsed by commercial institutions because they are the companies that you want your microfinance customers to bank with in 5+ years, isn't it?

So best of luck and let me know how you get on. It would be great to watch your progress...