Moving to Trinidad

Hello!

My husband has been offered a job in Trinidad and we are thinking of moving. We have a 2 and a half year old and a 3 month old. We have always wanted to live abroad and think that doing this when our kids are small is the best time. I'm very excited about the prospect of learning a new culture and experiencing something different, but nervous too.

My two main concerns are the safety, especially with such young children, and (maybe stupidly) being able to get hold if fresh fruit and vegetables! I've read on certain blogs that's it's hard to do. With weaning a baby and feeding a child I really would like them to have fresh food in their diet.

Has anyone got any advise for me?

We're living in the UK, and have travelled a lot.  In fact to the Caribbean a fair bit (Cayman Islands) as I used to have family there so have an idea what life on an island is like.

Any replies much appreciated!

Hi Laura,
I understand your concerns as I myself having 2 kids and always concerned about their health and safety.
I am a Work Permit consultant so I do hear these concerns quite a lot.  Trinidad and Tobago like every where else do have its fair share of crime, but fortunately with a little awareness and less ignorance it can be avoidable. Most expatriates are housed in gated communities and go about daily life, shopping going to the gym and socializing as normal, yet always allowing good sense to prevail... Not walking lonely streets at night and picking up strangers etc. Exactly what
you would do back home. 
With regards to fresh foods, I can assure you, thats not a problem!  A lot of our produce comes from home gardens and fruits are in abundance.  You also have access to organically grown stuff.
I say...take a leap of faith.. It could be a wonderful experience!! Not forgetting, you must visit beautiful serene Tobago!!!
Good luck!!!

Hi Laura,
I live in Trinidad (west) if you would like some more information about  Trinidad you can email me at [email protected]

Regards
vramona

Hi Laura, There are lots of venezuelans asking me about work permits.  Can I contact you for more information.  You are just the person I would like to talk to