Legal capacity to marry

Hi good pm, just want to ask about getting legal capacity to marry. Me and my U.S citizen fiancee are planning to marry next year here in the Philippines. We're working on the papers right now . We decided getting the legal capacity to marry in Cebu consular office. Do we need to get appointment first? Is it necessary that i will come with him? How much will it cost? Thank you

there is a website.. you can make the appointment online and I think only the u.s. citizen needs to be there

Naomi mags wrote:

Hi good pm, just want to ask about getting legal capacity to marry. Me and my U.S citizen fiancee are planning to marry next year here in the Philippines. We're working on the papers right now . We decided getting the legal capacity to marry in Cebu consular office. Do we need to get appointment first? Is it necessary that i will come with him? How much will it cost? Thank you

legal capacity to marry is necessary for an alien to marry a filipina. appointment may not be necessary. the law is clear, it is only proof of legal capacity to marry is required. you may send me private message for more info.

hope this helps

Naomi mags wrote:

I took a friend to the U.S. Embassy last week for a legal capacity to marry document. He made an appointment on the US Embassy website. He had with him his passport and his divorce papers from the United States which were authenticated by the Philippine consulate in San Francisco Ca. He paid $50 cash at the U.S. Embassy in Manila or you can use the exact equivalent in pesos.
We arrived a 7 am early to get a spot in line. He went in alone and his fiancée was not required to be there.
P.S.  If your fiancée has been married more than once in the U.S. , he will have to have the divorce paper for each divorce (hopefully only one) authenticated by the Philippine consulate for his area of the U.S.
Good luck