Security in Cebu/Sécurité à Cebu

Hello,

I'm new here =)

I'm french and I would like to know about the security in Cebu lately, is it ok for american/european people ?

I was planning to go to Cebu in october, and then all this stuff with Irak and everything starts again and I'm wondering if it might be dangerous or not to be in Cebu right now because of the islamist group Abu Sayyaf in Mindanao and around.

I would only stay in Cebu City.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour,

Je suis nouveau ici =)

Je suis français et je me posais des questions concernant la sécurité à Cebu ces derniers temps, est-ce que c'est sûr pour des ressortissants américains/européens?

J'avais l'intention d'aller à Cebu en octobre, et puis je vois que toute cette histoire avec l'Irak et tout recommence et je me demande si ça pourrait être dangereux d'être à Cebu en ce moment à cause du groupe islamiste Abu Sayyaf à Mindanao et aux environs.

Sachant que je resterai uniquement à Cebu City.

Merci.

Hello Pikachuchu,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I also invite you to post in french in the Cebu francophone version here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4664

It might also help you.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Ok thanks =)

Been here in Cuba Cuba City four months. Only thing foreigners need to be concerned is forgetting they are foreigners.
As explained to me by several Philippine friends is the perception all "white men" are rich in a poor country. Not different than areas in large cities. Street smarts. As for the groups you are concerned, stay on Club and do not worry. Go southern islands an there are no Christian groups to be careful.
Come and enjoy a beautiful country and some of the best people you will meet anywhere in the world.
Point to consider in my term Philippine friend. People of the Philippines are so courteous foreigners sometimes mistake it for friend.

Hi Pikachuchu,

In regards to your post about Cebu, I am a native Cebuana and i must say that Cebu is a safe place. If you want to be near to beaches, then, you better stay in Lapu-Lapu City or stay in one of the resort like Shangrila Hotel or Crimson Spa; if the budget is tight, you better stay in the Lapu-Lapu City center, you can either stay in Bellavista Hotel and its not quite far from the beaches in Lapu-Lapu.
If you likes night life, then better stay at the Cebu City Center, you can stay in Parklane Hotel or if your budget is tight you can stay in Uptown area where you can find 600-800 per day hotel room accomodation.

If you like farther than the City, you can try Bantayan Island or Malapascua Island;this 2 places have all the best beaches in Cebu and there are a lot of foreigner like you.

if you have more questions, feel free to ask me. I've been all over Philippines.

Regards,

Mooie30