Good reasons for moving to Finland :)

Hi everyone,

Im curious about your reasons why did you move or why are you suggesting moving (or just having a trip) to Finland.

What do you find tempting about this country the most?
What would you like to do there?
Do you gather information about Finland to make sure you have at least a general idea what are you putting yourself into?

Feel free to add anything you want :)
Im curious :)

Have a nice day!

Eliisi

Hi,

I'm a native Finn so maybe my comments are not what you wanted, but to me the main things I love about my home country are these:

1. Summer in the lakeside is so beautiful. You can safely travel all around the lakeside, sleep in tents and tour across the country all summer long.

2. Four seasons. I love how we have real winter, blooming spring, warm summer and darkening fall. I'd find it really hard to not feel the nature change it's colours.

3. You can be anything you want to be. There's free school system to help you learn any skills and social support for those in who don't succeed in life. You really can make your life yourself here, if you just try hard enough.

:)

Thank you, Jaanamm!

This is exactly what I thought. Im so grateful for your comment.

Maybe I just need a little courrage and tips for what Im about to experience :-)

Eli

hi can i asking you how can i moving in finland?

Hello:

I am from Mexico and I lived in Finland for 3 year. Now I am working here in Prague. I really fall in love with Finland, its people and its nature.
I moved over there to study a master degree.
Everything what Jaanamm said is true. I just want to add about Finnish people. They are honest, reliable and dependable (of course speaking about the majority). For Example, here, the girl that I started to rent my room wanted to sell me a wardrobe that belong to the room in first place. I doubt you could find this kind of issues in Finland.
Some other people have had difficult times to adapt to Finland, because and the end of the day, is other culture, and you have to be aware about the differences with yours. The way to make friendships, and relationships in general is different, the way people express emotions is different. The way the people greet is different. Etc.

Regards.

Hi Friends at Finland...

I got an opportunity at Finland as a Staff Nurse, I am an Indian, Keralite, how is the life there ? there is much Indian community ? what about school and syllabus ?  How did the life cost ? expensive or ?  expecting an actual reply please...

Jay

Kiitos,  your reply was wonderful. I was in Helsinki last year, 2013 for a week. I liked the country very much and started to learn some Finnish words.  I am not sure if you have an answer to my question!
Will it be possible to find a job  and settle in Finland with my family. My two daughters are in university now so doing some math,,, I am not young 53 years old , but still have the energy to travel and learn Suomea , I think I need a permenant job there to feel financially secured, So what do you think, Thank you, Nähdään ...
näkemiin.

Oussii, it is very hard for people over the age of 50 to find a job in Finland. Even for Finns. Sorry. Of course, there are exceptions, you never know, maybe you will be lucky.

This is exactly what I thought. I am so grateful for your comment.

Best Regards.