Transport available for my Poland vist

I am planing a trip to Poland in April 2011 to visit a sirviving relative in Swidnica and to vist my grandmothers grave in Bogatynia.
I also want to vist Brandwica,my Mother,my Grandfrather and Grandmothers birth place as well as Krakow and Poznan.
I wish to base myself in Krakow and then travel to Poznan,Brandwica,Swidnica and Bogatynia after which I will return to Krakow to make my way back to Cape Towm.
Can anyone suggest what transport is available to travel to these places,also what accomodation is available.
Thank you-Dorathea

Hi and welcome to Expat.com, Dorathea :)
I'll move your topic to Poland's forum to ensure it better visibility!
Good luck and enjoy your trip
Arlette

Hi,

it`s a shame nobody replied earlier. I made some google research for you.

Bogatynia and Swidnica are small towns in Lower Silesia, Wroclaw region. I would rather suggest "settling" in Wroclaw, not in Krakow in this case.

to Swidnica- you can get there by bus, from central bus station in Wroclaw- for example Guliwer Bus- guliwertransport.pl, it`s less than 10 zlotys, it takes around 1 hour
accomodation:  one of the hotels hotel-esperanto.pl

to Bogatynia- it`s much far away than Bogatynia. it`s 3h 40 min. you can take bus from Wroclaw bus station, company is called PKP Zgorzelec
in Bogatynia you can stay f.e here guliwertransport.pl/

to Krakow and Poznan, you can easily get buy trains, really often, I would say every 1, every 2 hours

Brandwica- it would be a bit more complicated, as this village is on the eastern side of Poland and Wroclaw is on the west. You can take a train
it would be around 10-11 hours, with at least one change of the train
here you can check everything, it`s Polish Railways website
hotel-esperanto.pl

in Brandwica, you should stay in Stalowa Wola, as Brandwica is just a small village. And Stalowa Wola is also nothing attractive;-)

try to spend time in Krakow, Wroclaw, Warsaw, this are the cities like anywhere around the world. All the places you want to visit, might be interesting from personal, sentimental, Jewish reasons, but i weould not recommedn it for tourism

all the best!

mariusz