Discount or second hand shopping

I'll be on a very limited income, and would like to know if there are second hand shops or used clothing shops where I would be able to get cheap but decent clothes to buy, or any other items I might need.

I've heard that the cost of living is like here in the states, but I'm concerned that since my income will be considerably less, I'd like to know if there are places to buy clothes or household needs at lower prices.  Salvation Army, garage sales, second hand shops, or other places that sell second hand things or donated items are easily found here in the states, but didn't know if they are available in Buenes Aires. Thanks.

Dear scandi

There is a lot of places like that, where even the media class people buy his clothes or other things cause many shops of this kind have real quality things.

greetings..

Thanks for replying, Brigadier,:)

How does one find these?  I asked someone who has visited there, and she said there were none.  Can you tell me how to find these places?

Are they listed someplace so one can find them in the telephone book, or what?  Here in the states, we have Salvation Army, Charity shops, Good Will, and consignment shops.  How does one know what they are called, or located? It would be most helpful.  Thanks, again.

Youre wellcome scandi. Look there is a place called "La Salada" its located in the limits of the suburbs of Bs As. It is a big unlegal market (the most bigger in South America) where there are too many bolibians, perubians salers who saleing all kind of things, from a single clothe to a "car" even, almost at half of price and nothing "used", all new in his package. There is some markets in the city like "Casas de compra y venta" where you can buy used things, included clothes. Take a look at this links:

otro-turismo.com.ar/compra_venta.php

mercadolasalada.com/

well its all why i can tellyou about this cause i live in a city 600 km far away from BA.
hoo.. but the way ask for the "flores neiborghood" there are places like u are looking for too. 

Greetings...

You are most gracious, Brigadier, thanks so much.  I do appreciate all of your information.:)