Opportunity for a Pet Shop or Vet Clinic Owner to optimise their space

Bit of a long shot this one, but I thought I'd ask as this forum is such a font of knowledge and connections.  :D

We arrived 4 weeks ago and now live in Marsaskala. We had arranged before moving out, to rent a table for dog and cat grooming at a suitable premise in Fgura. This seems to have disappeared in the mist.

We have a couple of leads re doing similar at other establishments (pet shops with attached grooming parlours) in these cases). However we are wondering if anyone knows of someone that has a suitable existing business (pet shop, vet clinic etc) that has a properly constructed grooming facility that they would consider leasing/renting to us.

The arrangements we can discuss, however we don't, at this stage, want to lease our own premises yet. Unfortunately Mum in law health issues are slowing us down at the moment but we hope to have positive news on that front within a fortnight.

If you know of anyone that might be interested let us know please.

We have talked to some interested parties that are concerned because they have been let down in the past by other groomers. We intend to do everything - the owner only has to collect the money (from us). The owner wouldn't be expected to take bookings or do marketing etc (unless they understood the cross selling benefits).

We have run very successful pet care businesses in the UK for a decade, including grooming. We know the score, we know what to do and we are very professional (and can prove it). So if you know anyone that is looking to make use of that empty or under utilised salon on the island - please let them know (and/or us)

Many thanks - let me know if you need anymore info

Have a great day :)

Hi, I saw yesterday, a pet grooming place that looks like it has closed down, it is in St. Paul's Bay though :( a bit far away from you! If you're interested I will get the address for you. They have a detergent shop next door so you would be able to inquire more.

Thought about going mobile? Doing this in the owner's homes?

Thanks redmik and coxf0001   :) - we have had our time completely taken up with Maria's mother who has been very unwell since we arrived. Thankfully she came out of hospital (again) yesterday and is now at home (thus, we won't have the long treks to hospital any more)!

Also we think that legalities and entitlements are now getting clearer re longer term care and we hope soon to be able to concentrate more on the business side of life.

Happy to report that yesterday we collected the Grooming Table from Trotters Independent Traders and are now in a position to do mobile grooms. We are still looking for suitable opportunities to rent tables (there seem to be a few opportunities available but we've not been able to follow them up yet).

After a hectic first 6 weeks in Malta we hope that from next week we can start to find some structure and begin the exciting part of meeting new clients and their lovely dogs and cats!

All the best
Matt & Maria

Excellent and good luck! (There may be a need for this on Gozo :-) )