Planning to move to Singapore

Hi All,
I was pleased to find such a nice and useful blog, where I can meet new people from that lovely country.
First, I would like to introduce myself. my name is Amr, I'm from Egypt & working as an Architect,i used to live in Dubai for 3 years and I had the chance to go for a vacation to Thailand, Malaysia, where I explored the Asian culture and met the wonderful people there.
I'm interested in moving to Singapore to live and work there, I just have some concerns regarding working there, do I need to get a license or registration to work as an Architect?! is it easy to find a good job there?!
thanks in advance for your help:)

Hi Amr,

Welcome to the forum.
- First, check if your degree is recognised by MoM. If not, you cannot work there as architect.
- You should also look for any trade association (architect board or similar) and ask for necessary certifications or courses. They should also be able to tell you about the employment situation.
- You can then apply for jobs directly at potential employers. Chances for an interview are much higher if you are physically present in Singapore, so please consider an extended job search trip (a few months if possible).
- You can only be hired if there are no suitably skilled locals who can do the job (and must be hired first). So focus your applications on your niche skills that are rare in Singapore.
Good luck (you will need lots of that, too)!

Hi Beppi,
Thanks for your response!
Seems that the best way to do it is to go there for a visit, thanks for the good tips.
yeah looks like I'm gonna need lots of luck:)